UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Time to Get Flaky

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Time to Get Flaky

Posted by Kimberly at 3/03/2011 08:39:00 PM
A prisoner spent years digging a tunnel out of his cell to freedom. Finally, he completed his tunnel and he jumped out. Giddy with excitement, he skipped around yelling 'I'm Free! I'm Free!' Unknown to him, he had emerged onto a playground. Upon hearing his cheers for joy a little boy replied 'So what? I'm four!'

OK, groan all you want but you can tell that joke to your grandma!

Reason for the joke: it's 3/3.

I'm still having some fun with greens for this month. Here's the next one...
Shiver me Shamrocks!  I read about this one on Noveau Cheap's blog.  When she likened it to Sally Hansen's runaway cult favorite, 'Hidden Treasure,' there was no stopping that huge lemming!  This is Sinful Color's 'Green Ocean.'  If I understand correctly, this isn't a new shade but, a re-release.  I'm happy with that because, I didn't know about it the first time around.

I couldn't wait to try this one out.  I layered it over the manicure I swatched for you, on March 1, 'Venomous' by Claire's.  All by itself, 'Venomous' was da bomb!  How dare I think I could make it 'better'...

You don't have to agree with me, but I think I did!  Ooh, now that I'm drooling looking at this, I should have done one nail with 'Hidden Treasure' to compare.  This is a flaky that I think I have to talk you into having!

I put on 2 coats but 1 would have sufficed...
'Green Ocean' loves to play in the sunlight.

Even though I did this look in honor of St. Patrick's Day, I will be revisiting 'Green Ocean' again, soon.
I did put Seche Vite on to shine it up a bit. 'Green Ocean' tends to dull out after it dries.  Don't let that stop you from getting a bottle for yourself.  Good gracious, it's only $1.99 at Walgreen's!  Interestingly enough, I got 3 bottles...for some reason...or another.  I picked up 'Irish Green,' a bright, green creme that was the second half of the Sinful Colors display.
Let me say, loud and very clear, No. Buyer's. Remorse.

Will you be getting 'Green Ocean?'  If you say no, I have to know why not!!?  :)

9 comments:

Unknown on March 3, 2011 at 8:45 PM said...

I want this so badly!!! My Walgreens do not have the displays up yet, grrrr.

Megan Harmeyer on March 3, 2011 at 8:50 PM said...

I've never seen these in the stores...only seen them on cherryculture.com. I really, really hope I see this in the stores, but this has been a lemming of mine for the past year!

MissMidnightBlue on March 3, 2011 at 8:57 PM said...

I'm still looking for this!! I must have it. It been my lemming since I've seen it on other blogs.

I think it looks awesomesauce as Jacie would say. ;)

Mimi (MakeupWithdrawal) on March 3, 2011 at 9:27 PM said...

Oh my gosh, I've wanted this so badly but never found it :(

Erika on March 3, 2011 at 9:51 PM said...

Nice combo. Dark backgrounds really let Green Ocean play it's self up. :D

I picked up a backup bottle of this polish the other day and I think I need to go back in and get a couple more. I am having frankening ideas... :D

The Peach on March 3, 2011 at 10:05 PM said...

Love this polish! I have it on my toes over WnW Teal of Fortune right now! It's such a fun color. Kind of like Hidden Treasure, but different in a good way! Can't wait to see what else you do with this!

Anonymous said...

Gah! Green Ocean is soooo gorgeous on you! I need it so bad! I'm getting a little obsessive over your green polish posts, haha :)

Kate on March 3, 2011 at 11:39 PM said...

Pretty! :-)

Libby's Pink Vanity on March 4, 2011 at 2:52 PM said...

@Polish Pauper Since it has taken a bit for the stores to get these and put them out, that's exactly why I got some back-up bottles.

@Megan You've been lemming this color for over a year? OMG! I would have gone super crazy! I hope you can get yours and soon. It's time!

@MissMidnight Sometimes reading the other blogs can just set me off on lemmings. I didn't even see it first but Nouveau Cheap just making the comparison was all I needed. :)

@Mimi Keep looking! Wags taunts us so much. Grrr!!!

@Ice Queen I'm thinking about finding a yellow and trying Green Ocean over it. That should be, at least, interesting. :) For the price of Sinful Colors, I don't feel guilty about getting backups either.

@Peach Teal of Fortune has to be perfect for this one! You should post this one. :D

@colourcoated Hee hee! And I would never have thought about using a green polish on my fingernails. It was a stretch for me to use it on the toes. Thank you for the compliment! I so value your opinion. :)

@Kate Thanks! I thought it would be really fun to share this, even if I was just a tad bit giddy about it. :D

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates