UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: I Spy...New Stuff at Ulta Today 3/23

Thursday, March 24, 2011

I Spy...New Stuff at Ulta Today 3/23

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 3/24/2011 09:40:00 AM
I so need to be on a no buy diet!!  I think I can blog everyday for a year and not run out of new polishes to swatch.  OK, I'm exaggerating a bit.  Well...no...I'm not.

Did this stop me from going by Ulta after work?  Hells no!  I was looking for the new OPI Femme de Cirque's 'I Juggle...Men'.  They didn't have it, so I still, technically, honored the no buy.  That didn't stop me from looking around...


Covergirl has used the quip 'Clean Makeup' forever.  I really don't know what they mean by that.  Really...how can makeup be 'clean'??? ;)   In this case, however, it is to help provide clean drinking water for children in Africa.

Here's part of Covergirl's press release on this project...

COVERGIRL LAUNCHES “COVERGIRL CLEAN MAKEUP FOR CLEAN WATER” CAMPAIGN WITH HALF-MILLION DOLLAR DONATION, OFFERS CONSUMERS OPPORTUNITY TO HELP
Charitable Program Delivers Full Year’s Supply of Safe Drinking Water To Area in Need

HUNT VALLEY, MD (January 5, 2010) – COVERGIRL, the nation’s number one cosmetic brand announced today a charitable partnership between its Clean brand of makeup and the Children’s Safe Drinking Water (CSDW) program, an organization dedicated to addressing the critical, global need for clean, safe drinking water. In celebration of the millions of loyal Clean Makeup users, COVERGIRL launched the campaign, “COVERGIRL Clean Makeup for Clean Water,” with a one time $500,000 contribution to CSDW.

“COVERGIRL’s generous donation will provide 50 million liters of clean water to children in need around the world, which prevent millions of days of potentially deadly diarrhea and save lives,” says Dr. Greg Allgood, Director, CSDW. “More than 4,000 children die every day from diseases caused by unsafe drinking water, and we’re thrilled to join the COVERGIRL Clean Makeup for Clean Water Campaign to help eradicate this global health issue.” The campaign will deliver clean, purified drinking water to needy areas via low-cost, PUR™ packet technology that purifies even heavily-contaminated drinking water so it meets World Health Organization standards for safe drinking water.

“Women who use COVERGIRL Clean Makeup products value inner as well as outer beauty and are sensitive to the needs in the world,” explains Vince Hudson, Marketing Director, COVERGIRL, Procter & Gamble Beauty. “COVERGIRL Clean Makeup transforms you into your most beautiful you without breaking your wallet. The same is true of the COVERGIRL Clean Makeup for Clean Water Campaign: It delivers clean drinking water to needy areas around the world, transforming lives for mere pennies a day. It’s a beautiful thing!”
-------------------------------------------------------
What you get for helping out is a cool-looking compact of Covergirl's Pressed Powder...




Various shades and three different compact looks to choose from.

In full disclosure, I have never worn this product, to my knowledge, so I cannot express an opinion on it.  I also didn't purchase one either.  But what I can say is I like it when a purchase helps those that are less fortunate.

If you have used Covergirl's Pressed Powder, what did you think about it?

3 comments:

Megan Harmeyer on March 24, 2011 at 12:00 PM said...

What a neat idea! I've used CG pressed powder but it's been YEARS. It might be worth it to pick one up just to help get cleaning drinking water to children in Africa.

Libby's Pink Vanity on March 24, 2011 at 3:39 PM said...

@Megan I think I used it way back when too; not sure. And I'm glad to see companies wanting to give back. Good Karma!!

2k media on May 29, 2011 at 2:25 AM said...

Take a look at the spy bubble coupon for a new and innovative way to give some peace of mine.

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates