UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: China Glaze 'Atlantis' vs. Sinful Colors 'Nail Junkie'

Saturday, March 12, 2011

China Glaze 'Atlantis' vs. Sinful Colors 'Nail Junkie'

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 3/12/2011 04:11:00 PM
If today's weather would be like this all year 'round, I'd love living in Florida.  Alas, it is not!  However, I did take advantage of tons of sunlight and did swatching galore.

I know that every nail blogger has had this happen to them.  You do your nails in the evening, carefully applying, as you always do.  Finish up and have all the intentions to photo your swatches in the morning, provided there is sufficient sunshine.  You find that there is and you are happy!  You run to get your camera, step outside, aim your camera and what do you find?  A hot mess!  I did this with a pedicure.  My toe nails were not filed evenly, the cuticles were as dry as a desert and the polish seemed dull.  Scratch that!

But the polish I had used was this...
It's Sinful Color's 'Nail Junkie.'  It is just too sparkly/glittery not to show up as a post.  But when I originally went to try this as a pedi, I thought I was using this...
This is China Glaze's 'Atlantis.'  Ta da!  A dupe post was created.
Here's the line up I used: the new Finger Paint's Base Coat, China Glaze's 'Atlantis', Sinful Color's 'Nail Junkie' and as the top coat, China Glaze's 'Fast Forward Top Coat.'

Not exact dupes...

There's more green glitter in 'Atlantis'.  But I could only see this in the blurred photo.
Starting with the thumb, middle and pink fingers have 'Atlantis.'  The index and ring fingers have on 'Nail Junkie.'
Both are jellies and have green, gold and turquoise glitter.  'Atlantis' has less gold glitter.  And 'Nail Junkie' seems to have iridescent glitter.  On the nails, you can see that 'Atlantis' is a deeper turquoise/blue-green color.  And since I have an OCD about making the nail color the same as in the polish, I have on 4 coats.

My verdict is that I don't need both.  I think I like 'Atlantis' better.  I will make myself a mental note to try both of these as layering polishes too.  I thought the Finger Paint's Base Coat was alright. I didn't keep this mani on long enough to say how well its staying power is.  but the China Glaze 'Fast Forward Top Coat' seemed to help these jellies dry faster.  However, it is STINKY!!!  A high chemical smell. 

Do you think they are too close in color to bother having both?  Which one do you have?

7 comments:

Zara on March 12, 2011 at 5:00 PM said...

I actually have both of them, and I hadn't even thought about them being dupes...whoops!

EVERYTHINGSDIAMOND on March 12, 2011 at 5:17 PM said...

I love nail junkie.. I have it on over sinful gorgeous. It gets a lot of attention *BLINGY*

In Palace on March 12, 2011 at 7:31 PM said...

nice colours under the sun!!

In Palace ♥

The Peach on March 12, 2011 at 7:50 PM said...

Both are pretty colors. I think I like Alantis better. And probably not worth having both colors. But its so hard to turn down a polish!

MissMidnightBlue on March 12, 2011 at 11:20 PM said...

I have both, I like Atlantis more. :)

Iris @ pimpmynailz.com on March 13, 2011 at 1:05 PM said...

Both look gorgeous, think the greenish bling makes me like Atlantis more :D thnx for the comparison!

Libby's Pink Vanity on March 16, 2011 at 9:48 PM said...

@Zara It sure wasn't planned on for my part. :)

@EverythingsDiamond Oh, I'm going to have to check out that look! Thanks!

@In Palace Boy, do these colors love sunlight or what!

@Peach If I had known ahead of time, I would have only bought one and that would have been the Atlantis.

@MissMidnight I agree with you.

@Iris Me too, Iris. Comparison posts are my favorite to read on other blogs too.

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates