UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Can't Decide Between Crackle or Flaky? Do Both

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Can't Decide Between Crackle or Flaky? Do Both

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 3/08/2011 04:09:00 PM
After trying out 'Irish Green,' I couldn't decide if I wanted to try 'Green Ocean' as an overlay or a new China Glaze crackle.  Well, I knew the entire manicure was going to come off that night anyway.  I had a convention to work today and needed something very dull more business-friendly.

That do I do when I can't decide?  Try both...
I picked 'Lightning Bolt' from China Glaze's crackle collection and I used Sinful Color's 'Green Ocean.'  I alternated nails to check these two out.
I will confess, I had to redo the crackle nails.  When I did it the first time, I monkeyed around with the polish too much, thus, it didn't crackle.  It crapped instead.
The second attempt was OK.  I'm not in love with it.  The 'Green Ocean' was the definite winner here.
'Lightning Bolt' is a fussy polish.  Man, you have to place it right over the base color.  No fudging allowed!  You can see the base coat showing through at the cuticle and on the sides.  I didn't put a top coat on either of these polishes.  The China Glaze crackles do matte dry.  However, a shiny top coat snaps it out of the matte.

Oh, and I used two coats of the 'Ocean Green' to make it super sparkly.

Did you know you can capture Leprechauns by baiting them with shiny pennies?
They are known to be greedy and let down their guard when they see shiny pennies or coins.  Do you think I can capture one by setting out a bile of shiny nail polish?  If you can capture a Leprechaun, they have to tell you where they have their own stash of gold hidden.

Which do you like better, gold or green?  Crackle or glitter?

8 comments:

jbrobeck on March 8, 2011 at 5:12 PM said...

I like your style, I love combining mani combos!

i realy really like your new blog layout too!

KarenD on March 8, 2011 at 5:16 PM said...

Green & glitter for me. :)

Ashley on March 8, 2011 at 5:40 PM said...

I must be a Nail Polish Leprechaun! I go "SHINY!!! MUST HAVE!!" :D

Ali'sNailNews on March 8, 2011 at 5:56 PM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown on March 8, 2011 at 6:23 PM said...

I have been hoping to see this pop up in my Walgreen's, I've been stalking it. I LOVE this combo, but my favorite is the flaky!

Megan Harmeyer on March 8, 2011 at 6:37 PM said...

LOL! I want a Leprechaun. Why? Dunno. Just so I can I say I have one, I guess. LOL ANyway...I like that green! I picked up Green Ocean at WG the other day - I was so happy to finally have found it because it's been a lemming from day one. I think I like the nails with GO better than Crackle/Shatter/whatever it is.

The Peach on March 8, 2011 at 7:21 PM said...

I love the mani with the alternating nail! I don't know, its a toss up between the two! I do like the crackle, but you can never go wrong with glitter! I think you need to layer Green Ocean over the crackle! And Leprechauns! If I were a Leprechaun, I'd definitely go for sprakly nail polish :)

MissMidnightBlue on March 8, 2011 at 9:08 PM said...

I fiiiiinally got green ocean, Yay!

I love it both ways green ocean more though. :)

shiny polishes! lol

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates