UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: The Evil Step-Mother's Green Apple

Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Evil Step-Mother's Green Apple

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 3/06/2011 07:16:00 PM
There's a polish that looks juicy and inviting, however, it's a little green apple from the evil step-mother...

This is Sinful Color's 'Irish Green.'  Yes, it is bright but golly, I have on 4 coats and I am nowhere near getting rid of the VNL!!  Since this is paired up with their 'Ocean Green' at Walgreens, maybe it is to help hide the fact that 'Irish Green' is watery.
I have Olan Lab's 'Quick and Slick' on as the top coat.  'Irish Green' turned rather matte after it dried.

Hooray!  The lilies in the backyard are blooming!  I will 'fess right up that I 'borrowed' this flower pose from Diana at 'Painted Lady Fingers.'   When you check out her blog, you'll see what using nature as props is all about.  Not only does she have a keen eye of nature, but she has a sense of prose that will wrap you right into her world.

As for me...
I can see the possibilities of 'Irish Green' but it just didn't give me what I wanted.

My grandfather had green apple trees.  He'd pick one off for us, cut it in pieces with his pocket knife, salt the pieces and share them with us grandkids.  Those green apples tasted the very best. :)

I think before I move on to another mani, I'm going to put 'Ocean Green' over this one.
What is your opinion of 'Irish Green'?

9 comments:

Ashley on March 6, 2011 at 7:19 PM said...

I got this a long time ago, mine isn't very see-thru at all. Strange, lol.

Prettyfulz on March 6, 2011 at 7:59 PM said...

I got this color last year & bought it after st pattys day so I didn't wear it yet. I did swatch it though and mine is sheer too, but mine also dried matte w/o a top coat =/

Carrie on March 6, 2011 at 8:14 PM said...

woah, that's really bright. its cute but not my color though. :]

Carrie
http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

Lace Escapades on March 6, 2011 at 9:01 PM said...

I think it looks nice. Pairing it with Ocean Green would probably look fantastic!

-Kieran

MissMidnightBlue on March 6, 2011 at 11:19 PM said...

This is actually a petty green it kinda reminds me of Funky Fingers Lime Light. Very pretty.

DesertNails8 on March 6, 2011 at 11:52 PM said...

I put a coat of white on first then only two thin coats of Irish Green. Then I put on an instant dry top coat because otherwise it will stay soft overnight. Then the next day I put on the Green Ocean flakies and top coat. I don't care for Irish Green by itself however I do love green polishes and I like the pair of Irish Green with Green Ocean.

Libby's Pink Vanity on March 7, 2011 at 8:13 AM said...

@Ashley I bet these newer ones are an entirely new batch and the formula has changed.

@Prettyfuls LOL, I love your name! Sounds like we both had the same experience. I didn't feel like leaving it matte, not as pretty, so that shiny topcoat was a have to for me.

@Carrie Before nail blogging, I would never have considered this bright of a green. I look like I have wasabi on my hands. lol

@Lace Escapades (Kieran) I am either going to do that or try a crackle. Hmmmmm...

@MissMidnight You're right. I don't own Lime Light but I do remember seeing it. See, I didn't wear this type of green when I had those available.

@DesertNails8 I think your recipe is exactly what it is going to take to make Irish Green a winner. I could use white and make a marble mani out of it and call it 'Irish Spring' because it might look like the soap. ;)

Marin on March 7, 2011 at 2:24 PM said...

I have that color.. the only bottle I have from Sinful Colors at all. It put me off a fair bit. The color in the bottle is like WOAH! But then when I try to apply, it's just really thick and sheer :(

KarenD on March 8, 2011 at 10:20 AM said...

I have an older bottle of this. Mine's defnitely a neon, and I'm used to using underwear (usually white) with neons due to coverage issues, so I wasn't surprised that Irish Green needed it.

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates