UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: ELF Minty, Sparkly Lip Glosses

Monday, March 14, 2011

ELF Minty, Sparkly Lip Glosses

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 3/14/2011 08:12:00 AM
When I come upon really decent, inexpensive cosmetics, it brings home the point that for the high-end cosmetics, a lot of the cost is in their marketing.  Or, high profile execs.

Take, for instance, e.l.f. cosmetics.  They are inexpensive but not low on quality.  Best out there?  I wouldn't say that but, $1 for a really nice, minty lip gloss?  Come on!!! :)


Sometime back, I posted about an e.l.f. haul I made at the Dollar Tree.  I got 6 minty, lip glosses for...$1 each!  Of course!!!  Then, this weekend, I was checking out the e.l.f. stuff at Target.  They had more of these lip glosses.  The theme of these are American cities.  So I checked through them and found 2 more cities I didn't have...
The first one is 'Crystal Cranberry.'  Not a part of the Minty Lip Gloss collection.  However, look at that, will ya!!!  How could I NOT take that one too. :)  The middle one is Nashville, and the last on the right is Miami.

I swatched them out to show you how they look against my skin tone...
'Crystal Cranberry' is a light fuchsia with pink glitter.  'Nashville, because it's an ucky town and truly not a trendy place, is a brown, hazy color with tiny flecks of gold (I'll explain more on that description in a bit) and last is 'Miami,' which is a pale pink, becomes more coral with the gold sparkles in it, along with some pink tone ones too.
 True to the label, they are minty.  And, in a nice way too.  If I apply these with a lighter hand, they are not tacky and actually feel moisturizing.  Naturally, they can be worn with or without lipstick and I do a lot of both.  When I apply the gloss, I'm heavy-handed so it is somewhat sticky but, doesn't bother me.  And, as for the 'Crystal Cranberry', I haven't worn it yet.  It's up for wear tomorrow.

Can I give you a very quick rundown of my rundown on Nashville?  Let me see if I can explain this in the LEAST amount of words.  Stranded.

I got duped on a photography job and ended up stranded in Nashville (in 1994); no money, no home (traveled exclusively with the job) and naturally, no job.  I got a job in retail really fast because that's one of the easiest for me to get.  Two years later, I was working in an regional office for a video rental company and had bought a home outside of Nashville.  So, basically, Nashville wasn't a 'choice' but just where I landed.  Don't go for that 'grow where you are planted' crap.  I hated living there.  I don't like country music, I don't have their accent, and I don't like Hee Haw stuff.  Nashville is old and rundown.  That's all.

So, have I mentioned I live in Orlando now!  LOL!!! OK, these glosses were an easy choice for me.  They are pretty and easy to work with.  If you like a gloss that is made for someone over the age of 18, you'll end up adoring them too.

Have you tried any of e.l.f.'s glosses?  How about their other products?  I have some of their eye shadow palettes and adore them!

9 comments:

Rachel Melissa on March 14, 2011 at 8:13 AM said...

Love your blog and this post is brilliant :)
I love these, I have got them as Christmas prezzies for people and I need to buy them for myself now :)
XxX

Christine on March 14, 2011 at 8:38 AM said...

i love Elf Cosmetics, their products are really good :) Im actually going to pick up a package from them at the post office today, cant wait to try out the products :)

I have two lipglosses by Elf, but none of these. Would love to try these out :)

jbrobeck on March 14, 2011 at 9:42 AM said...

Ha, I work in Cranberry! I need that lippie.

Megan Harmeyer on March 14, 2011 at 12:19 PM said...

I've tried the gloss but it's been a couple years. I saw these in Target a while back but passed on them because the gloss I'd tried before was more sticky than I cared to use. Maybe I'll try these out - after all...they are only a buck!

Phyrra on March 14, 2011 at 1:00 PM said...

Yay for Orlando :)
I <3 Tampa.
I liked the new lip products I tried from e.l.f. recently. The matte lip pencil was awesome.

OnceBitten on March 14, 2011 at 1:22 PM said...

I am so in love with e.l.f. products and very happy that the Targets in this area are finally stocking them!

I want to get the spring polish set next!

Libby's Pink Vanity on March 14, 2011 at 6:30 PM said...

@Rachel I'm good at buying one for me and one as a gift! I think they'd make nice presents.

@Christine I get one or two of a 'set' and then feel compelled to collect the entire set. LOL! I should check their website and see how many 'cities' they have done.

@jbrobeck Why, yes you do need Cranberry. It's really pretty!

@Megan I think they are on the sticky side. But when I applied it thin, it didn't seem to be that bad.

@Phyrra I thought they needed to continue on with Florida cities after Miami!!!

@OnceBitten I'm glad Target has them too. It's better that they get their own space rather than some plastic basket on an endcap unnoticed. Spring polish? Ohhh....!!!

MissMidnightBlue on March 14, 2011 at 9:52 PM said...

I need to find me these, I love glosses. :)

Libby's Pink Vanity on March 16, 2011 at 9:44 PM said...

@Miss Midnight Have you checked Target? I'm so happy they are only $1!!

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates