UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: What Do We Wear on Wednesdays? PINK!

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

What Do We Wear on Wednesdays? PINK!

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 3/30/2011 03:05:00 PM
Being a part of 'On Wednesdays We Wear Pink' will be pretty easy for me.  Does it not tie-in with my blog's theme, or what!  Check out the other awesome nail bloggers that are part of this clutch here.  Be ready to be impressed.

Naturally, I'm going to push the envelope.  Now, I am wearing pink; I just embellished it...

Don't think for a minute that pink is timid and little girl-like.  This mani is ultra hot and sexy.  I wore Sinful Color's 'What's Your Name' alone for a day.  It's a shade that is black with flecks of teal micro-glitter.  It's a deep color that, on its own, is vampy...
I have on 3 coats here.  So, how can you take a color like this and get a pink mani out of it?  How about China Glaze's crackle in 'Broken Hearted'?
You only need one coat of the crackle to get the distressed look.  It dries super fast and to a matte finish.  You'll need some serious shiny top coat to get it to shine; 'Broken Hearted' and all its counterparts from the collection 'eat topcoat.'  That is, it takes more than just one, or even two coats, to get it to shine.  But when it does, it gets attention...
What do you think about these colors?  If you have the crackles, I bet you are having as much fun with them as I am.

9 comments:

Zara on March 30, 2011 at 3:18 PM said...

Gorgeous! The nearest Sally's to me (2 hrs away) is supposed to be restocking the China Glaze crackles Friday; I hope I can get up and get them!

Megan Harmeyer on March 30, 2011 at 3:18 PM said...

WOOT! I'm wearing Cracked Concrete today. I love the Crackles. They're so cool (and you know how important it is to be cool)! LOL

Ashley Tiernan on March 30, 2011 at 3:20 PM said...

Wow I want the china glaze crackles so bad But they are so hard to find for me :(

Kayla101 on March 30, 2011 at 3:50 PM said...

This makes me want crackles so bad! This looks awesome!
Love it!

The Peach on March 30, 2011 at 5:24 PM said...

Love the pink and black combo! I do have Broken Hearted. I need to play with it some more. Think I have only wore it once!

MissMidnightBlue on March 30, 2011 at 7:23 PM said...

I love this combo! :) If my Sally's do not get the crackles in I'm going to kill them . ;) I went to 3 different ones and nothing. :(

Libby's Pink Vanity on March 30, 2011 at 10:26 PM said...

@Zara I am fortunate then. I have a Sally's about 1.5 miles or so away.

@Megan Cool is important. lol Especially in Florida. ;p

@Ashley You need to write the government and tell them to lift the ban on nail polish!!! ;)

@Kayla101 I do hope you can find a way to get a hold of at least one!

@Peach You've been a busy lady doing your indy body products series. I loved it a LOT!

@Everyone The Peach did a great blog series on homemade body/lip products. You won't want to miss all the great info she provided. Click here on her name 'The Peach' in the comment box and check it out!

@MissMidnight You haven't found your crackles yet!? Oh, no! That is NOT good. >:(

Iris @ pimpmynailz.com on March 31, 2011 at 10:32 AM said...

Oh I like this! It's different from all the crackles I have seen so far :D Pretty combi as well

Natalie on March 31, 2011 at 7:18 PM said...

Just wanted to say that I'm new to the "We Wear Pink on Wednesdays" group! :) And, that I love your mani! It's perfect! :)

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates