UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Why Have a Birth-day When You Can Have a Birth-Week

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Why Have a Birth-day When You Can Have a Birth-Week

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 3/20/2011 10:24:00 AM
One year, I was in a terrible place in my life right at my birthday.  I was bemoaning the fact to a friend and she gave me some great advise.  She said "Do not hinge everything you want on one day.  You need to make it a 'birthday week'."  What a great way to look at it!

This year I'm having a great birthday week as my sister, from Dallas, is visiting me.  We are seeing the sites of Orlando and Daytona Beach and, have a really great time.  Today, we are going to Downtown Disney.

And so, the purpose of my post is to let you know why I haven't done a review since Thursday.  I'll be right back soon.  :)  I have on a neon, bright, pink polish that I'm eager to share with you.  Hint: It's heavenly.  Hee hee!

These are photos of flowers that are blooming in my backyard.  I love that my birthday is on the first day of Spring!!!!

I took these in a doctor's parking lot...

I'm taking my camera with me to Disney and should get some beautiful flower photos there too.

Thanks so much for being a follower and a reader.   You all mean so much to me and make blogging not only fun but also a great community to be a part of.  :D

14 comments:

Elizabeth Life and Polish on March 20, 2011 at 10:33 AM said...

Yay, Birthday Week! I do that too, because it's more fun! And if you're dreading said birthday, you have an excuse to do all kinds of things because you're turning "30/40/50/whatever" and therefore need a birthday week! HA

peripatetic33 on March 20, 2011 at 10:38 AM said...

Happy Birthday
great shots of the teddy bear iris and lantana

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

EVERYTHINGSDIAMOND on March 20, 2011 at 10:56 AM said...

Happy birth weeeek!

The Peach on March 20, 2011 at 12:27 PM said...

Well Happy Birthday! Hope you have a wonderful birthday week! Sounds like you and your sister have some fun planned!

LiAnn - Sparklecrack Central on March 20, 2011 at 2:27 PM said...

Lovely photos!!

I have a "birth-month". I won't do something every single day, but I do celebrate all month long. :D

jbrobeck on March 20, 2011 at 3:29 PM said...

hey its my birthday week too! my birthday is on Tuesday, but I work 12-9 so DH and my parents are celebrating it with me today instead! i already got my pressies, including another Alex for polish and makeup! so extremely happy!

nail crazy on March 20, 2011 at 3:49 PM said...

birthday week, great idea :-D
i want it for myself too :-)

laheelahee on March 20, 2011 at 5:24 PM said...

thats awesome!! happy birthday :D

Lace Escapades on March 20, 2011 at 5:38 PM said...

Happy Birthday week! You take care of yourself and make it a good one!

-Kieran

Ashley Tiernan on March 21, 2011 at 9:17 AM said...

Happy Birthday. :) Have a great week.

Anonymous said...

Yay! Glad you're having a blast with your sister! Happy Birthday week!

Libby's Pink Vanity on March 21, 2011 at 9:52 PM said...

@elizabeth I'll need that excuse next year; it's a BIG one!

@pepripatetic33 Thank you so much, sweetheart, for telling me what these flowers are. :) I'm glad to know just a bit more.

@anonymous Thank you!!!

@everythingsDiamonds Thank you very much. :)

@Peach Thanks, doll! I had a grand time with my sister. She's the best person to shop with; she tells me the truth! ;)

@LiAnn Birth month; better yet!!!

@jbrobeck Thanks and happy birthday right back achta! I always try to scheduled my birthday off. I really never want to celebrate my special day with the people I work with...I know that sounds mean. :/

@nail crazy I had hoped by spreading the idea around that it would make the 'event' more fun.

@laheelahee Thank you very much!

@Lace Escapades Thanks, sweets! Oh, I did make it a good one! :)

@Ashley Thank you, dear friend!

@kittypolishnbags Thank you, very much! We did have a blast. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday week! A birthday week sounds like a nice idea...hope you have fun at Disney! :D

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates