UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Tool Tuesday: Retractable Pump Brush For Mineral Foundation

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Tool Tuesday: Retractable Pump Brush For Mineral Foundation

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 2/21/2012 07:21:00 PM
I went to the coast to visit clients today and all I could think about was sharing this Tool Tuesday with you!

So far, I've been showing beauty tools that I have and use all the time. This one is no exception, except I will NOT go without one!

I have had these foundation pump brushes forever!!!...

I got these many years ago from my favorite foundation company, Southern Magnolia Minerals. Barbara, the owner, has improved versions of the pump brushes here, and if you purchase now, you can get 25% off.

This is a brush that has a reservoir of mineral foundation or finishing powder so that when you press the brush against your skin, a small amount of the powder is pumped into the brush. This is very convenient to carry because you don't have to tote around a jar or container of the minerals as well as a brush; this is both.

These have clear caps that cover the brush, and the sides of the pump come up to protect the bristles. It's that easy. I have one with my foundation, and I carry that in my makeup bag. The other is with the finishing powder and I keep that one in the console of my car.

Even before I moved to this oven state, I used these pump brushes. I do have normal to dry skin but, I will get shiny as the day goes on. No problem with my pump brushes. I can do a fast touch up before leaving the car. Virtually no mess since it is all self-contained and, since it is powder, no worry about it melting in the car or my purse.

The bottom of the brush screws off and I can tap in some powder. With just a couple of pumps onto the back of my hand, I've dispensed some powder into the bristles and I'm ready to buff away any shine I don't want. A filled up reservoir lasts me months and when I get low, these are refillable.

When I travel, these 2 brushes are all I take for foundation and finishing powder. They are small enough to throw into my makeup bag but have enough powder to last me weeks.

As I have mentioned, I've had these two brushes for a very long time. And with Southern Magnolia Minerals having a special discount on them, now is a good time to get that upgrade.

Have you tried any powder dispensing brushes before?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates