UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Tool Tuesday: Microfiber Cloths

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Tool Tuesday: Microfiber Cloths

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 2/07/2012 07:27:00 PM
Today's Tuesday Tool is about microfiber cloths. Gosh, I love these!
First, let me tell you what I use these for. I use a clean one every night to wash my makeup off. Along with a good makeup remover, these clothes make my skin feel so clean and fresh.

I use a folded one, like the orange cloth you see in the photo, on my vanity to clean my makeup brushes after I use them. I use 'Brush Off' makeup brush cleaner and I reviewed that product here.The two work together fabulously.

You know that clumpy end of the mascara wand? If I find I can't swipe it off the top of the tube, I'll brush it on the cloth to clean it off. Should I get a bit heavy-handed with my blush, I'll gently wipe over my cheeks with a cloth to remove a bit of it. When I color my hair, I'll use a microfiber cloth to remove any excess hair color I might get on my skin. 

When I do a facial scrub, I usually do that when I take a shower. To give that scrub maximum productivity, I'll use a microfiber cloth to wash it away.

For such a valuable tool, these cloths can be had very inexpensively. I got a set of 12 at Walgreens for $5. And they were in these cool, fun shades of bright green, yellow and orange.

Two points I want to point out; makeup can stain any type of material and that includes microfiber cloths. I save these cloths exclusively for what I have listed here. I do have some much thicker ones that I clean my house with and keep in my car to wipe off moisture. Just keep in mind that they will not always stay stain-free. Also, when you wash these, don't use a fabric softener or dryer sheets. That product will cling to the cloth and actually 'clog' up the fibers' grabbing ability. I wash mine in with my bath towels in hot water with just regular laundry detergent.

Here is a link to a site that not only talks about taking care of microfiber cloths but how to use them around the house; click here.

A couple of other things I use my cloths for: dusting my computer monitor, wiping the screen on my cell phone and my Kindle Fire. I use one to clean my sunglasses too, rather than a tissue that will leave scratches.

Pretty microfiber cloths get the Good Vanity Seal of Approval.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates