UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Like A 12 Year Old In A Candy Shop; Claire's New Polish

Monday, February 20, 2012

Like A 12 Year Old In A Candy Shop; Claire's New Polish

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 2/20/2012 06:54:00 PM
This new shade, Claire's 'Candy Shop', is getting some press. I have only found one and boy, did I snatch it up! I hadn't read anything on this until after I got it. But it is worth the buzz.

This polish makes the 12 year old in me cheer...

'Candy Shop' makes me think of 'Whimsical'. Both are light-hearted and just fun to wear.

Take a gander at this confetti amount of glitter in a dusty pink base...

 I don't know how many different sizes of glitter are in this polish but I think it is a lot! And there are a lot of colors too. I'm not using this word lightly; jam-packed!


OK, back on track. The base of 'Candy Shop' is opaque enough that I didn't have to put on underwear. Yes, the 12 year old that lives in me laughed out loud too...

This is just 2 coats! And to my surprise, this glitter lays down way better than I thought it would. I topped it with a coat of Seche Vite just to keep my hair from snagging on it,though. But the removal was typical of large glitter polish. It was as stubborn as making a 12 year old go to school on Mondays.

This was a fun manicure to do and to photo, as well. I must have taken 100 pictures. And you might not have noticed until I pointed it out but, I have a really wicked hang nail going on with my middle finger. Puffy and ouchy. Too bad I can't ignore it.

Have you seen this polish yet? Does it look like a 12 year old's favorite polish? In 29 days, I am going to be old enough to say, I'm going to start my second childhood. It's THE ultimate landmark birthday: 50. I think I'll stay with 12. At lease mentally.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates