UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Tool Tuesday: Lighted Makeup Mirror

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Tool Tuesday: Lighted Makeup Mirror

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 2/14/2012 07:16:00 PM
I get a rush finding a bargain. And if you have gotten to know me through this blog, I've been upfront about being cheap frugal all along. It's a pleasant surprise to find something that is a bit better than decent and, the cost is much lower than you expected.

However, today's Tool Tuesday isn't one of those items. But, having tried less expensive routes, way in the past, I knew exactly what I wanted and after researching, I found that a really, really good makeup mirror runs about $100.

Having both of my hands free when I blow dry my hair or put on makeup has become an obsession. A past Tool Tuesday post was on a blow-dryer stand that I love using. I wanted a makeup mirror that freed up both hands as well.

Here are some photos of mine...
This is a swivel mirror with a 8X magnifier on one side and regular power on the other. And you know what; I never use the regular power. As scary as magnifying mirrors can be, this is what I want for makeup and grooming. I can make magic with makeup working close up.

Also, the mirror is attached to a swivel arm to move the distance. We had this installed to the perfect height for both me and the hubs. Tilted up, he gets a good view. Down a bit for me and I'm good.

I don't mind hubs using it at all. But if I find him using it, you'd think, by the way he acts, he's done something wrong. Naw. He thinks he's the only man that uses a close up mirror. It would be easier for me to convince him if they had these installed in the men's locker room at the gym, though.

Now, the next sweet feature of my makeup mirror is that it is lit. I don't even have to have on the vanity lights.
Seeing close up isn't as easy as it used to be on my aging eyes. But, this mirror makes it a bit easier. I can say, without any doubt, that I do apply my makeup better with this lighted mirror.
I don't have to be tight in to have the regular power mirror show a sharp view.

I got this mirror at Bed, Bath and Beyond. It was $99. BUT....I used the 20% off coupon! See, I still found a deal.

What type of mirror do you use to put on your makeup? I like to stand at the sink/vanity to apply my makeup. Do you stand or sit?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates