UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Bath and Body Works Fall Candles and Winter Holiday Sneek Peek

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Bath and Body Works Fall Candles and Winter Holiday Sneek Peek

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 9/17/2011 06:18:00 PM
When asked 'what are you doing this weekend?' I actually had something to say!

Today was Bath and Body Works 'vote for your favorite, out of three given recipes, to see the winner made into a fragrance candle event'. OK, I give it the long name, but that's the gist. With a purchase today, between 11 and 2, you could get a tote bag and 3 mini candles from the Winter collection. I was soooo there!!
Gingerbread, Candied Sugar Plum and Marshmallow Peppermint

Besides makeup, nail polish, jewelry and clothes, I LOVE candles!!! One of the first gifts I gave my hubs, when we were first dating, was a platter that 3 different size pillar candles fit on. It was specifically for the bedroom. *wink, wink!* I'm very fortunate to have a husband that loves fragrant candles as well.

Funny, I have already spent quite a bit at Bath and Body Works on candles, lip glosses and hand soap for the Fall season, already. But I wasn't worried at all that I wouldn't be able to find something divine at today's visit.

The Store Manager, at an earlier visit, told me to come early; there would be lines. She was telling me the truth!!


And, I do not think I have ever seen this many shoppers milling around this store before...



 I even documented my loot purchase...

This pleasant cashier made sure I got the best deal with the 2 coupons I presented. Coupon stacking (using more than one coupon per transaction) is not allowed. But, multiple purchases are. I got the best deals. There were some people there that had their child make a purchase as well to get another free bag of candles. I cry 'fowl!'

In the last photo, you can see, to the right, the tote that was given away, as well. It was useful for me. I cleaned out the collection of recycled paper under my printer, and used the tote to collect the trash. Seriously, I have tons of totes already.

And so, here is my goodies I got...
This little ceramic owl holds the mini candles. I keep and burn my candles on a tall bookcase to keep it away from snoopy kittehs. He looks like the perfect guardian.

The large candles, called 3 wick, were 2 for $20. That was a good deal since the mid-sized candles are $9.50 themselves. The large ones are normally $19.50. I got these two...
Pumpkin Caramel Latte and Marshmallow Fireside

I got one medium size candle free for that purchase. I picked up 2, however...
 Autumn
Cinnamon Sugared Donut

Cinnamon Sugared Donut is already lit and is sitting on the top of the bookcase. Hence, it is surrounded by other mini candles and oh, a bottle of Zoya back there!

Now, here's the story on Lavender Macaroon candle...I was going to get that scented candle as one of my large, 3 wick candle purchases (it is a very favorite, right now). I couldn't find it so I asked. The sales person, who was quite pleasant, said that she didn't know if that candle was coming out in a larger size other than the mini. Oops! I ran over and got 3 of the remaining Lavender Macaroons! They may have had more in the back, I wasn't going to ask, I just grabbed.

And, here are the 3 for $5 minis I got along with one free S'Mores scent, since I had a coupon...
Three Lavender Macaroons and one S'Mores

And, here are the three new, fragrance candles that are just a small part of the Winter collection that will be released in October...
 Gingerbread
 Candied Sugar Plum
Marshmallow Peppermint

It is very Fall and festive around the pink vanity, right now. Are you starting to feel Autumn creeping in? What is your favorite Slatken & Co. or Bath and Body Works candle scent?

8 comments:

nicoletta on September 17, 2011 at 6:22 PM said...

Ooooh these sound amazing im so jealous that we cant get these here in the UK. Im a big candle fan xx

Swatch And Learn on September 17, 2011 at 6:33 PM said...

Hehe, I also got that little owl candle holder to go with my owl oil warmer. :) So cute!

After you burn Gingerbread and Marshmallow Peppermint, please let me know what you think. I'm most looking forward to the Gingerbread one, but anything with the word "Marshmallow" in it automatically gets my attention. ;)

Thanks for documenting your trip. It made me almost feel like I was shopping right there with you! Hehe!

Olivia Frescura on September 17, 2011 at 6:40 PM said...

I need the macaron one and all of the winter ones!! I'm an addict to these candles!

Libby's Pink Vanity on September 17, 2011 at 8:28 PM said...

@nicoletta B&BW is another store that I'm so surprised isn't in Ireland. How sad. :(

@Swatch and Learn I wish you could have come shopping with me. :) It crossed my mind to hang onto my Winter candles til the end of Oct, when the rest come out. I want to enjoy my Fall ones before I push them to the side for Holiday season. LOL I'll let you know what I think. But, I can tell you now, the Marshmallow Peppermint smells realllly good!

@Olivia Frescura I had to have all the Fall ones. And, without a doubt I'll get the Winter ones as well. Heck, the minis are 3 for $5 and that's affordable to get one in each fragrance. :)

Melissa on September 18, 2011 at 12:33 AM said...

I totally stocked up today with the 2 for $20, they're my favorite candles... EVER! And I'm kinda weird in that I could smell the fall scents all year long and be totally happy with it :)

Anonymous said...

Great post! I went to Bath and Body Works yesterday! I bought four of those Halloween hand soaps! Love them!

Gaby Fauchon on September 18, 2011 at 11:23 AM said...

Yum, they all look edible ahah!|

Heather Elyse on September 18, 2011 at 7:50 PM said...

I love bath and body works candles! I picked up marshmallow fireside and autumn for the fall myself!

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates