UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Blue On Blue, Heartache on Heartache

Monday, September 12, 2011

Blue On Blue, Heartache on Heartache

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 9/12/2011 08:50:00 PM
Monday's aren't blue for me.

Since I'm able to create my own schedule, I don't have any dreaded days. Wouldn't it be nice if everyone could have the schedule that works for them? I think there would be a lot more happy employees. I have deadlines, yes. However, they usually are not stressful. And, I know it's a luxury many folks don't get.

However, I did have a Blue Monday...


 This love & beauty polish, from Forver 21, is named 'Blue/Multi.' I'm just going to leave it at that because I have managed to keep myself out of court for a long time (don't ask). So, I don't want to get into any trouble renaming a company's polish. What if it is trademarked and can only be spoken aloud by professional nail techs?? Eek!
Well, I am through...


So, for right now, I'm just gonna let that slide...



Just depending on which way the light hits it, this is a duochrome of blue or teal or pink.'Blue/Multi' didn't want to shine so much so I have a top coat of Sally Hansen's Teflon Tuff.



 
I tried all different angles and light settings to give you an idea about this color. My nails actually do look like that color shown in the first photo of the bottle.

Now, I did these nails yesterday and I've been oiling them up and rubbing in cuticle cream, etc. Then, all day today, I was rubbing in Neutrogena's Swiss Formula. I mean a LOT! I had a lot of driving to do today so I kept putting it on and putting it on while I was cruisin' down the highway.

On the way home, I had been thinking about which glittery/shimmery polishes did I have to swatch over 'Blue/Multi'. Since I landed on two different ones, I used one as an accent nail.



Two yummy Kleancolor polishes. The very chunky, hex glitter is 'Starry Blue' and the micro-glitter is 'Sparkle Emerald.' That must be a BLUE emerald, at that! Gorgeous, aren't they?!!



Here's the thing; I tested these on my right hand, and wouldn't you know, it looks better there! First, I'll mention that with all the glitters, I only did one layer. Here, I'll show you...
There, I just took this photo whilst typing away on this post. I really wanted to show you I meant business!!

The mood must have been set today. I listened to the 60's station for the 1-1/2 hours to get to the coast and then all the way back. I got to hear Bobby Vinton's 'Blue On Blue.' That was a #1 hit in 1963. Yea, that is an OLDIE.

That hex glitter is something, isn't it? And you can't dismiss 'Sparkle Emerald' even if it is blue instead of green. But, it is all Blue On Blue.

8 comments:

Olivia Frescura on September 12, 2011 at 10:09 PM said...

I think my sister has this one, it's very cool! I may steal it from her for a swatch!

Anonymous said...

I love Starry Blue over it! I have this polish too! I need to pull it out!

Nicole on September 12, 2011 at 11:12 PM said...

That duochrome is awesome! You know I love that Sparkle Emerald, it is great for layering, but I think Starry Blue is perfect over this.

Unknown on September 13, 2011 at 4:31 AM said...

This polish is awesome!!
And great combo!

Megan Harmeyer on September 13, 2011 at 2:20 PM said...

I think I saw this one last week but put it back. Looks like I'm going to have to head back to Forever 21 and get this one after all!

Makeup and Mutts on September 13, 2011 at 4:19 PM said...

Those glitters look lovely!

Libby's Pink Vanity on September 13, 2011 at 4:24 PM said...

@Olivia Frescura You'll have to get it from your sister; she should let you try it out, yes!

@imfeelingnail-venturous I'll be looking for your post swatches. :)

@Nicole I just knew you'd love 'Starry Blue'! And, honestly, it wasn't terribly hard to remove. I used Zoya's Remove+.

@rock-or-not Thanks, sweetie!

@Megan You do need to head back over there. I know I didn't get it the first time I saw it. But the last time, I just guess I liked it better.

@Vintage Makeup Thank you! They are winners. :)

Swatch And Learn on September 17, 2011 at 6:39 PM said...

This blue is extremely pretty on you! :)

When I saw the title of this post, I immediately got your reference to Bobby Vinton. Hehe, my dad used to play that song a lot. :) Good memories!

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates