UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Purple Hex Glitter Troubles

Monday, September 19, 2011

Purple Hex Glitter Troubles

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 9/19/2011 07:49:00 PM
When I was a kid, I used to get into trouble (sort of) because I didn't like to follow directions. More realistically, I wanted to play outside the box. So it's no surprise when I show these types of swatches.

First, I try on Forever 21's Love & Beauty 'Purple' all by itself. Let me show you how awesome this glitter is...

Hex-y-topia glitter in there!!

Jam-packed full of glitter, make that 'hex' glitter. There is that gotta 'gemme' large-shaped hexagon and then billions of micro-hexagon glitter in there. The base is clear and maybe a bit purple tinged but then, that could be my eyes tricking me too. And it seems as if the large hex glitter is a different shade but I feel that it just refracts the light differently.

Here's what it looks like as a polish all by itself...


This is a couple of coats and I could see that a solid base color would bring out the Hellmen's best. But being that it was glitter, I really didn't want to start all over again. Hey, look! There's the right hand waving 'Me! Me!'

So, going against "somebody's" rules, I painted my right hand a few different base colors. I picked up three polishes that I wanted to experiment on...

Oooowwwwww...stray hair, Y U not show up before photos?  On my index and middle finger I have on Confetti's 'Moonstruck.' On the ring and pinky finger, I have Revlon's 'Perflex.'

On the thumb, this is OPI's 'Totally Fort-Worth It.' 
My blogger pick is....
Love & Beauty's 'Purple' over Revlon's 'Perplex.' That's the pinky and ring finger.

I wish my left hand nails would be as long and uniform as my right hand....except for that stupid hair. (And, I read that Ragdoll cats are low-shedding. Whoever said that needs to have a week's worth of vacuum canister 'waste' dumped on their head to show them what 'low-shed' looks like. *scowl*)

Gotta passion for purple? What if you could get a purple glitter that has tiny hex glitter and a few larger hex shapes thrown in? I thought so. Do you have fun breaking the nail polish rules occasionally?

5 comments:

Mimi (MakeupWithdrawal) on September 19, 2011 at 8:10 PM said...

Oh my gosh, I get stray hairs on my nails ALL the time. I hold Kuma responsible. And like you, I NEVER notice it until I upload the pics!

Makeup and Mutts on September 19, 2011 at 9:22 PM said...

Lovely glitter! It reminds me of an LA Girl polish I have except mine is blue. :)

Uggghh I hate it when hair gets on my nails, haha

Libby's Pink Vanity on September 19, 2011 at 9:37 PM said...

@Mimi I think I need to photograph, go wipe my hands, more photos, use some canned air to blow any hairs, dust, etc off my nails....ugh.

@Vintage Makeup Did you know that LA Girl and Love and Beauty are the same company? I learned that by blogging and a lovely blogger filled me in. When I die and come back, I want to be glitter!

Anonymous said...

Loving the thumb base coat with the glitter! I get the stray hairs too sometimes!

KarenD on September 20, 2011 at 4:03 PM said...

I find it quite unfair that my F21 store did not have this glitter the last time I was there. It is purple and glitter and therefore should be mine.

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates