UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Black Magic Going on at Emberstone Castle

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Black Magic Going on at Emberstone Castle

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 9/15/2011 08:28:00 PM
Did you know that I wanted to get married on Halloween? I really did! But my hubs, he isn't too...uhm....what's the word?....'out there'.  So we decided on November 1st. Which is the pagan new year day, anyway. So, you must know that Halloween is my second favorite holiday after Christmas.

I went shopping today with Kari from Once Bitten Blog. We went to Target and had fun ohh-ing and ahh-ing at the cute Halloween stuff. I need to find my Halloween decoration box and get to decorating, because that shopping got me in the Halloween mood.

In the meantime, I'm decorating up my nails...


Here is Orly's 'Emberstone.' I keep calling it Brimstone...lol.  'Emberstone' looks like an orangy-red indoors. But it pops open to a bright, sparkly orange outside. This is certainly micro-glitter. I see pink, orange and maybe some silver in this. And the name 'Emberstone' so works with this shade. I love it!

Doesn't 'Emberstone' sound like the mysterious castle or estate's name from a mystery or vampire story? 'Emberstone Castle: What Happens at Emberstone, Stays Dead at Emberstone.' 

Here's the 'Black Magic' that is going to be added as an accent...


I've gone on a bit about this little stinker 'Black Magic'. Jump here to see the story.  This is the Wet 'n Wild 'Black Magic' that DOES have the sparkles. Please, look for it and you will be so happy you did. These photos give NO justice to the very pretty sparkles set in this black jelly. The micro-glitter is all different colors with a bit more purple glitter than the other colors. It is cool to look at in the bottle but you'll gasp when you see it in real life on your nails.

And now, here's the mani...


Both of these polishes apply beautifully. 'Black Magic' is super smooth and it makes me want all polishes to go on so sweetly. The first coat gave me doubts that it was going to be opaque. But, that second coat covered it and you are seeing it with just those 2 coats! 'Emberstone' has 3 coats and it was so easy to remove.
You will be seeing a full manicure with the sparkly 'Black Magic' soon. It so deserves it. And a statement about Orly's 'Emberstone', I feel you can work this shade year-round.

8 comments:

Megan Harmeyer on September 15, 2011 at 9:21 PM said...

I really REALLY want Emberstone. Really. LOL Is it a jelly? And you got to meet Kari? Awesome. Dang. There needs to be more bloggers in New Mexico.

Megan Harmeyer on September 15, 2011 at 9:22 PM said...

Oh, and I would've LOVED to be married on Halloween. OR have a baby around late October - yeah. That's not gonna happen.

The Peach on September 15, 2011 at 10:12 PM said...

Oooohhhhh! Emberstone is awesome! And I'm so ready for Halloween! Love this time of year. And my college colors are orange and black. So I love all of the orange and black stuff that is available this time of the year!

Shally on September 15, 2011 at 10:46 PM said...

I wanted to get married on Halloween also..but we got married on October 28th. I need to go find Emberstone.

Anonymous said...

I love how your accent nail is the pinky! I have Orly's 'Emberstone! I can't wait to use it! I am thinking with a flaky top coat like Nubar 2010!

purplegreenpanda on September 16, 2011 at 2:24 AM said...

Oooh, I love these both! I really love bright burning-the-retina polishes haha!

Libby's Pink Vanity on September 16, 2011 at 6:24 PM said...

@Megan It is a semi-jelly. It doesn't quite have that 'plastic' feel to it. I had a good friend whose birthday was Halloween. He hated it. LOL I'm VERY happy to have nail bloggers here that I can meet up with. :)

@Peach My school colors were black and orange too, until we became a consolidated school. I wish I would have kept my cheerleading pom-poms. It would make a nice costume of maybe a Zombie Cheerleader. LOL

@Shally Emberstone won my heart once I got to see if in real life. The ads for it in magazines didn't do a whole lot for me before.

@imfeelingnail-venturous Oh, a flaky on top!!! Put on your sunglasses before you apply it because it will sizzle! Do you have a matte-ifer to use afterwards too? I thought, as time went on, that a black accent finger looks like an 'accident' finger. LOL

@purplegreenpanda This one would not disappoint!!

Makeup and Mutts on September 16, 2011 at 7:05 PM said...

You have the perfect nails!

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates