UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Dollar Tree Haul; Hold The Christmas!

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Dollar Tree Haul; Hold The Christmas!

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 9/14/2011 07:32:00 PM
Dollar Tree stores, in Orlando, have been rather barren of any good, or rather, new makeup stuff. Just on a whim, I stopped into a new, larger one in hopes that they had some surprises.

Here was my first surprise...



Seriously? I haven't even finished my Halloween shopping and it's still 6 weeks away. Have you noticed that retailers just sweep aside Thanksgiving and move you RIGHT into the Holidays...two words: BLACK FRIDAY!!!

Gosh, I sure do NOT need any more shadows, wait...I should just say makeup!!! I'm only fooling myself.
But I really like collections and pallettes with three or more shades. Three is my tipping point. LOL Don't laugh. Everyone has a tipping point. Let me know what yours is in the comments below.

L.A. Colors...enough said...
 Tiki Punch
 Southern Belle
 Sand Dune
Boardwalk

If these shadows are as nice as previous LA Colors, I'm expecting good pigmentation. I'll get some swatches worked up for you later.


I held off on these palettes...



I truly held myself back on ELF stuff. I don't think I've seen that much in a Dollar Tree before. Here are just a couple that I couldn't pass up...

Blushing
Gunmetal
And I swathed here for you...



You can sort of see the glitter in the ELF blush. I don't know if I love it lots, but I'll try it. Seriously, I didn't see the glitter in it when I picked it up. But, that  puny container totally stumped me. I worked and worked to get it open. Here's the best I could do...


I have no idea how in the hell to open this blush!!! I've torn it up and it still hasn't popped open.


What do you see that you like? And don't say the Christmas stuff!!!!!!

15 comments:

Unknown on September 14, 2011 at 7:54 PM said...

Seriously what's with the Christmas stuff? I've been waiting for my CVS to unpack it's Halloween stuff for a week now! lol and from what I remember about ELF blushes they slide open. They aren't the clam shell style.

Erika on September 14, 2011 at 7:54 PM said...

The Christmas stuff. *ducks* Hey, I love Christmas. And I plan for it and start decorating early. Drives my husband nuts! lol

Candi on September 14, 2011 at 7:56 PM said...

lucky!
I have not seen any of that makeup at my local dollar tree :(

femputer on September 14, 2011 at 8:58 PM said...

the elf blushes slide open, the lid slides completely off, actually.

PreciousPearlMakeup on September 14, 2011 at 8:59 PM said...

the blush cover slides up...you should try it that way.

Megan Harmeyer on September 14, 2011 at 9:11 PM said...

Ugh...Christmas stuff. Already. I think there should be a law that you can't put out for the next holiday until the current holiday has passed! I really like that teal, brown and grey palette. I'm going to have to check out our Dollar Tree - they've been light on the good nail polish for a while.

Ivy said...

WOW! Christmas stuff already?? I love Christmas, but I just think it's too early for that in stores, lol! It's not even Halloween or Thanksgiving yet, lol!

Libby's Pink Vanity on September 14, 2011 at 9:28 PM said...

@floresfamily8 I just checked my blush. After a bit of pulling and pushing...poof, it snapped open. *shameful* Tell that store to get their Halloween stuff out!

@Ice Queen I do start listening to Christmas music 11/1. It's my official day to start. Mostly because I have sooo many Christmas CDs!!

@Miss.XOXO We have been 'dry' for quite some time. Since this store was a larger one, I was hoping they had something!

@femputer Gulp. I went and opened up after reading these helpful comments. Thanks!

@preciouspearl I just did. Thank you. At least I don't have to beat it up anymore. =O

Libby's Pink Vanity on September 14, 2011 at 10:04 PM said...

@Megan There's no 'soul' to the holidays any more. It's all about consumerism. :( I hope you can find some goodies at your DT.

@Ivy I have a heard enough time getting into the Holiday spirit living here in Florida. Feels like May during Christmas, doesn't it? Good thing I go to Denver to see family during Christmas.

Tracy said...

I just saw those at my dollar tree! I also picked up a few! But my dollar tree had like 2 other colors. Yay for bargains! :)

Libby's Pink Vanity on September 15, 2011 at 8:00 AM said...

@Tracy Yes, ma'am.

Aren on September 15, 2011 at 8:31 AM said...

Haha, I worked at a Chicagoland Dollar Tree a few years back, and they're ready for Christmas so far in advance, it's not even funny. Then comes the Dollar Tree Radio (yep, there's a Dollar Tree radio station) Christmas music. I swear, I must've heard 'Feed The World' about fifty times a week for about a month and a half.

Nice little haul, though. I love stocking up on goodies at the ol' DT. : )

Anonymous said...

That is insane that they had Christmas stuff out already! Southern Belle is not a typical color palette I gravitate to so I am looking forward to see what you do with that!

Libby's Pink Vanity on September 15, 2011 at 8:30 PM said...

@imfeelingnail-venturous Oh, you are challenging me to an eye look, eh? I think that will be an easy palette to do. I'll give it a go. :)

purplegreenpanda on September 16, 2011 at 2:30 AM said...

UGH. Hold the Christmas indeed. I'm liking the look of the green/yellow e/s you didn't get. :P Hey, did you know DT is selling GitD polish? I saw some on an endcap but didn't pick it up but now I need to go back because someone said they're pretty glowy.

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates