UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Shady Business Found at Dollar Tree

Friday, September 16, 2011

Shady Business Found at Dollar Tree

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 9/16/2011 07:56:00 PM
Want to see some L.A. Color swatches? My, oh my....these are beautifully pigmented.

I introduced these tri-palettes here. And, now I'll swatch 'em out for you. First, is Sand Dune...


Starting from the left: a silverized baby blue, a tarnished gold flare, a smoked-out gray-purple.

Swatched (no primer used) in direct sunlight and then indirect light...

Just two swipes with the provided sponge applicator!!

Next, a very bold set...Boardwalk...


From the left: a gilded gold, a dusky setting sun, and  a glimmering bronze.

A true coloring swatch...

This is Tiki Punch ....

 

From the left: a baby blush, a tampered fuchsia, and then a reddish-purple flare (this one is much more purple than the photos would have you believe. The first photo shows the shadow much closer to the actual shade). Shucks, no swatches here. I will mention, however, the lightest pink is not heavily pigmented as the other shadows. In fact, I bet I could use it as a light blush. Something I'll have to try out.

This one is called Southern Belle...



From the left: a pansy purple (it is much more vivid in real life), a vivid blue sky, and last is a dew-kissed grass. All of these shades are much more vivid than they photographed.

The purple is still MUCH brighter in real life.

And aren't they all really 'POW'-erful shades!? Just as I suspected, very much a creamy feel and so much pigmentation in just a couple of swipes. The only one that wasn't bright was the first pink shade from Tiki Punch. But they were all shimmery.

When I can figure out how to take a portrait shot to show EOTD's, I would love to share how these look on my eyes. If anyone has some pointers, please pass them onto me. Photos out in the sunlight are really harsh and wash out my faces colors. Yet, I'm eager to work on these.

I stopped by Marshall's yesterday as well. I haven't been in that store in many months. Here is a cute pastel palette I found on clearance for only $2...
 
  Name of company is Simply Sweet. That it is...

 These have a pearlescence to them. I will use them for highlighting and for the inside corners of my eyes.

And on the L.A. Colors...
 I'm happy to see the cruelty free logo.

But the real deal that just put me over the edge....yes, it was the applicator included...
Do you see any here that you like? I'm looking forward to using the Boardwalk shades. I bet I can do a very awesome Arabian look with those.

5 comments:

Jennifer from Toronto - Spiced Beauty on September 16, 2011 at 8:00 PM said...

Pigmented!

The Peach on September 16, 2011 at 8:05 PM said...

I'm really surprised how pigmented the LA Colors palettes are! Great find!

Erika on September 16, 2011 at 8:26 PM said...

When I take face shots, I find that outdoors but under an overhang so that I am pretty well lit but not in harsh, direct light is pretty good lighting. I use my macro setting, hold it at arm's length for full face type shots and closer for eyes, lips... That sort of thing. You can turn on your flash to fire shimmer, if you want to feature it.

I am going to start playing with taking photos with my Ott light, if I can get it to shine on my face, right.

Megan Harmeyer on September 16, 2011 at 9:14 PM said...

I picked up Sand Dune yesterday. The turquoise/teal/whatever is a little more silver than I usually care for, but I'll give it a try.

Libby's Pink Vanity on September 17, 2011 at 8:33 AM said...

@Jennifer Indeed!! :)

@Peach I've been using LA Colors for many years and they have come a long way. However, now they are just really nice. There is fallout but it whisks away easily.

@Ice Queen Thanks, darlin', for the info. I'm going to give it a....shot! ;P I'm wondering if I can use my computer monitor to shine some soft light onto me. I bet there's some website that has some different light tones to use. Hmmmm...

@Megan Sand Dune just might be my fav of these. But I was playing around with swatches while writing this post and mixing and matching. Maybe you can use some of your others shadows to help balance within these 3? And, the buck investment was good! I think I might go back and get the 2 others I didn't pick up. (addiction....)

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates