UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Blinded By the Light; Glitter A-Bomb

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Blinded By the Light; Glitter A-Bomb

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 9/13/2011 07:31:00 PM
The elusive Wet 'n Wild 'Black Magic' polish DOES exist!!!

Don't bother going to this Walgreens; I took all three of those 'Black Magic' polishes. Can you see my reflection in the back of the display? That's creepy.

Here's what the clammer has been about...

Black glittery good stuff! I'm doing a mani right now and I am using 'Black Magic' as an accent nail. I'll have this one up in a couple of days.
 
If you haven't heard about the mystery of the Wet 'n Wild's 2 different 'Black Magic' polishes, I wrote about it here.  The multi-display, that has other makeup products, shown at the top, has the sparkly 'Black Magic.' The displays that I have seen at Ulta's, has the black creme. Technically, I think the one I got above should be named 'MORE Black Magic.'

This is what I got when I stepped into Icing today...
The charmed look of this brings out the magpie in me. Oh, it was 50%; $4.25.

And the polishes are always buy one, get one 1/2 off (BUT, I did ask today and was told that does NOT apply to the crackle. I didn't see a sign that said that though...just sayin'). I found one and I had a hard time picking that second one...

 



 
 
 All this sparkle can give you a migraine. You best sit in the dark after this post. No joke!

Icing's 'Glitteratti' has a rainbow of micro-glitter and the hard-to-miss fuchsia hex glitter. And then, 'Gimme Some Glitter' has a murky burgundy base (which looks like black when swatched on white paper) with gold, teal, fuchsia and purple glitter. It's very busy, but in a GOOD way!

It was a busy day at work for me, but I managed to get that shopping in! *wink* I got some more loot at the Dollar Store to show you later.

What base colors do you think 'Glitteraffi' and 'Gimme Some Glitter' should go over? If you find the sparkly 'Black Magic,' are you getting it?

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

OoOoO I was so excited when I went to my local Walgreens yesterday. I got the sparkly one, too. I tried explaining to my hubby why I was so happy, but he just didn't get it, lol. I used that one on my daughter's nails and did cute little Halloween designs on it. I love it. I posted pix on my blog.

Mimi (MakeupWithdrawal) on September 13, 2011 at 8:31 PM said...

Oh man! You've found the prettiest polishes lately! I have the WnW Black Magic from last year, with the rainbow hairy glitter, I love it so much!

Shally on September 13, 2011 at 8:32 PM said...

I didn't realize that there was 2 different ones. I got the one with the glitter. I have seen some posts about a glitter orange also, but haven't been able to find it. :(

The Peach on September 13, 2011 at 8:40 PM said...

I didn't realize there were two different Black Magic polishes either. When I picked up the purple one the other day, there was a black glittery one next to it. Must have been the MORE Black Magic :) Cute earrings!

Gaby Fauchon on September 13, 2011 at 9:26 PM said...

Pretty nail polishes! Love the earrings too (:

Makeup and Mutts on September 14, 2011 at 12:05 AM said...

I love those earrings!!! :)

purplegreenpanda on September 14, 2011 at 12:58 AM said...

I'm actually disappointed that there are two versions of Black Magic this year. Why the lack of QC, WnW?
The two Icings are amazing though. Can't wait to see the DT haul.

Unknown on September 14, 2011 at 1:24 AM said...

Oooo I need to go to Icing!

Unknown on September 14, 2011 at 3:47 AM said...

Looks really great!
Can't wait to see the swatches!

Libby's Pink Vanity on September 14, 2011 at 8:08 AM said...

@jennafroggy Your comment has left me jealous. ;) My hubs wouldn't pick me up OPI for a buck if he saw it. He has no idea whatsoever about polishes other than I wear it. lol I thought your daughter's nails were darling.

@Mimi I just got the black red last year. I am finding way TOO many cute polishes. I'm tremendously behind in my swatching.

@Shally I just wish they would have gave them two different names. That would have eliminated all the confusion. Well, maybe not all, but at least for me. ;) I have the orange as well. It IS sparkly!

@Peach You should do the Purple Potion on your toes! And see, the purple one is one I have got to get to. So, many polishes, so many posts....lol

@G A B Y Thank you. And it helped that those earrings were 50% off. ;)

@Vintage Makeup I knew you'd love those. :)

@purplegreenpanda No polish from DT, though. Have you heard about WnW's On the Prowl collection? It has 6 different polishes. They are so mine when I find them...baaahaahaaaa (evil laughter)

@Sirena Sparklestar When I go to a mall to work, I almost always hit up Claire's and Icing.

@rock-or-not Your name intrigues me. :) Someday you'll have to share the meaning of it. I'm ready to see the swatches myself.

Anonymous said...

That's at Walgreens?! That display is different from the oone at ULTA. It was all black cremes at ULTA! Waaaaah!

Lucky you! You got an Icing by you! I want the Charlie Sheen and the glitters they have like the ones you got!

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen those RIP polishes at Walgreens. I seen them at Ulta. Glitteratti looks amazing!

The Lacquered Lady on September 15, 2011 at 1:13 AM said...

FYI The black and purple polish from this collection is the same as the one from their standard 99 cent collection. I found this out by purchasing both by accident. Basically, you are paying a dollar more for fun packaging.

Mae Espiritu Makeup Obra on September 15, 2011 at 2:02 AM said...

RIP nail polish really rocks! =)

KarenD on September 15, 2011 at 1:23 PM said...

I have got to get my butt to Icing--or maybe it's better I don't since heaven knows I don't need more glitter!

I found a black creme tombstone labeled "Black Pearl" at CVS--wonder if WnW just got the labels mixed up on a whole big batch.

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates