UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Milani's Tailor Made Doesn't Fit

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Milani's Tailor Made Doesn't Fit

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 9/01/2011 08:49:00 PM
When pondering what polish to pick for my next pedicure, I purposely promised to parlay pink.

OK. I just made that up. And if anyone else has made up the same line, just Goggle 'The Hundredth Monkey.'

I did ponder what to choose next. There was this blue that I kept looking at through the clear container of untrieds. It seemed like it was beckoning. Since I feel it's a Summer shade, I thought it would be fitting to do this one on the last weekend of Summer.

Here's a last hurrah for Summer...



Not a new polish, but I like the shade. This is Milani's 'Tailor Made.' It's a powder, pale blue that has a hint of a shimmer to it. I wouldn't say frost because it doesn't quite have the sheen to it, so I'm calling it a shimmer.


Top is direct sunlight and just above, shade. Oh, it was a pistol to work with! I have on FOUR coats! And I did the index finger FOUR different times. I kept smudging it. The last two times I looked like I was pontificating...

Of course, that is something I, personally, would.never.do.


And even after that, 'Taylor Made' left bald spots and was patchy. Ugh. So, I did what any disreputable company would do; I covered it up and pretended there wasn't a problem.

OPI's 'Last Friday Night' to the rescue.



From a distance, it makes it a tad better. I think it is a good couple, though. This is one coat of  'Last Friday Night.' I only wasted used one, thick coat of 'LFN' then off it came. I wasn't pleased at all with how this mani turned out. Sorry, Milani, this one just makes me go on and on about how it falls short.
Do you know the difference between pontificating and a soliloquy? I asked my hubs and he just gave me a side-ways glance. I spent the next 15 minutes explaining it to him.

8 comments:

The Peach on September 1, 2011 at 9:35 PM said...

Hmmm.... I'm not even sure what soliloquy is!? I'm not really feeling Tailor Made. But I do like the mani with the glitter over it! Seems like a glitter or crackle can always fix a so-so color!

Breeoxd on September 1, 2011 at 9:49 PM said...

wanted to love it, but it used a quarter of a bottle on ONE mani, trying to make it work. Wore it for one day. How did they think this sheer cruddy polish worked? Im stunned.... Might have to try the combo tho...

A Polished Touch on September 1, 2011 at 11:15 PM said...

I think I would layer this polish over a black or navy. Every polish deserves a second chance ... or fifth, right? ;)

Anonymous said...

Great combo! I love that OPI polish!

Unknown on September 2, 2011 at 5:58 AM said...

Too bad )=
With opi it's great!

fingers on September 2, 2011 at 11:49 AM said...

Yes I know the difference-men are just not as smart as us women!!

Libby's Pink Vanity on September 2, 2011 at 10:25 PM said...

@Peach One day with me and you'd learn what a soliloquy is. Hee hee! Yes, on the glitter and/or crackle.

@Breeoxd Hi! Oh, that's 4 coats. It was a lot of trouble. I'm going to put this one in the trade box. Someone else might do better by it.

@A Polished Touch You are a very nice person to give so many chances. I like you. :) Now that you mention it, it could look good over a black, navy or maybe....a dark green???

@imfeelingnail-venturous Oh yea! That's a little blue bebe I'm keeping. :)

@rock-or-not I was disappointed. I bet there is another one out there that performs better, though.

@Fingers You're a smart cookie!!!

Unknown on September 19, 2011 at 12:52 PM said...

Great combo! I love that OPI polish!

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates