UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Green and Blue Holiday Polish Dupes

Monday, November 21, 2011

Green and Blue Holiday Polish Dupes

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 11/21/2011 05:40:00 PM
Want to see some more Holiday nail polish dupes?? TOUGH! I'm doing more anyway. ;)

Green and blue dupes and comparisons...
These two are not even similar. However, that's what happens when I look for dupes in my stash hidden placed in my closet. But, let's take a look at them for the sake of looking at some very beautiful polishes.

Sally Hansen's 'Blingtastic' is from the new Gem Crush collection. It has blue micro glitter and a smattering of silver hexagon glitter. It looks like a Christmas card that has the glitter on it.

The green is from Color Club's Beyond the Mistletoe. This is called 'Holiday Splendor.' Very dense green micro-glitter with iridescent glitter. I'm reminded of a thick Christmas tree with lots and lots of those tiny Christmas lights.


It's easy to tell the difference between these two. And it is easy to see that I didn't put on cuticle oil before photographing.

'Holiday Splendor' is very opaque. Just 2 coats here. And 'Blingtastic', oh my! The silver glitter did NOT want to apply. I ended up dabbing them on. And the polish, poor stuff, pulled really bad.

Next up, another mismatch...
 Very, very similar in the bottle. The Wet 'n Wild polish is 'Cost Is No Issue' from the Ice Baby collection. The Sally Hansen is not a new one, but one I rummaged through my stash and found. It's name is 'Teal-y Cool.'
 Good grief. When am I going to learn that these Sally Hansen Xtreme Wears can be as watery as Wonton Soup.

I don't know if I can even recommend 'Teal-y Cool' for a special effects top coat. Maybe I'll give it one more chance doing just that.  As far as 'Cost is No Issue', that baby is dense and opaque in two coats. Oh, and for the record, 'Teal-y Cool' is 3 coats.

Because I loved 'Holiday Splendor' so much, and I mean VERY much, I took off the Wonton Soup polish (aka 'Teal-y Cool'). I put 'Holiday Splendor' on to make a complete manicure in one shade.
 It's a 'Christmas tree with sparkly ornaments' polish.
 Great shot to show you the sparkle. I'm not exaggerating (this time).
And it is opaque in 2 coats. This time, I did put on a top coat. I used Color Club's Vivid Color Intensifying Top Coat.

And, I changed things up for my right hand. I used Wet 'n Wild's 'Cost Is No Issue' up against Sally Hansen's 'Blingtastic.' I think this is the pairing I meant to do in the first place.

'Cost Is No Issue' is on my thumb, middle and pinky. That leaves 'Blingtastic' for the index and ring nail. I have got to just love the shades in the Icy Baby collection. They are very dense with glitter. However, once again, I had to work at fishing out the sliver glitter in 'Blingtastic' as well as not very dense in just 2 coats. And, it is much more of a blue shade next to 'Cost Is No Issue' which leans towards a teal. No top coats here.

I think it is, without a doubt, that 'Holiday Splendor' is my favored polish in this round. It's not very unique among Holiday green glitters. But what is fantastic about it is the opaqueness and the sparkle it has.

Any favorites here for you?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates