UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Why It Matte-ers; Wet 'N Wild Matte Shadows

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Why It Matte-ers; Wet 'N Wild Matte Shadows

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 11/01/2011 08:49:00 PM
November is a crunch month for me. One of the contracts I work with has a client visit yearly cap. Once the company reaches a yearly total of 41K visits, that's it for the rest of the year. I will bust buttons to get in as many visits as I can before the cut-off. More visits=more money=more makeup and nail polish...somewhere there's Christmas gifts and all too. Somewhere...

I did my annual Thanksgiving/Fall manicure last night. I got photos of it this morning. I didn't get them uploaded and edited this evening but, don't worry. You'll see them soon.

What I have prepared for you are swatches of Wet 'n Wild's new matte palette...

 It is funny, to me, that about 10 years ago, I was all about matte. I thought shimmer and sparkly were 'too' much. I'm glad I got over that! So it was a surprise to me that I actually liked this palette after I did some looks with it. Sorry, I'm not sharing the look I created, the first time, with these. I took it at the end of the day and not in the morning. Even I won't cross that line. =o
 Here are the first 4 shadows. I'm enjoying the matte white for a high brow highlighter. I can really give my eyes an open look with it. And the beige is working well as a total eyelid base shadow.
These are the last 4. Very pigmented. Mine are not crumbly at all. And I have to cheer for the matte black. It's not sketchy at all. And all of these work together as well as with the baked shadows I will be showing you very shortly.


Sometimes I have more of a 'blonde moment' than normal. When I got set up to photoing this palette, I noticed the front the sticker said 'Turn Me Over.' I thought, well, that's sort of naughty. Then I realized it was actually a direction. Do'h!  The top sticker says the name of this palette is 'I (heart) Matte.'

If you have been wanting to experiment with matte shadows, I would definitely recommend this palette. And if matte is where it's at for you, you'll enjoy this one.

I got this one at Walgreens at the same time I picked up the baked shadow palettes from Wet 'n Wild.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates