UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Sample Sunday: Garnier's BB Cream

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Sample Sunday: Garnier's BB Cream

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 6/02/2012 08:09:00 PM
One day early for the Sample Sunday, as I will be at an industry show tomorrow. 


If you read glamour/fashion magazines and other beauty blogs, you will already be acquainted with BB Creams. A BB Cream is a tinted moisturizer that will not only moisturize, but also will replenish, tone, accelerate turnover and brighten your skin, all in one product.


I got this sample of Garnier's BB Cream in one of the glamour magazines...
I have been curious about trying a BB Cream but, quite honestly, I didn't know if one product could do all the things I need for my skin. But, I was happy to get the opportunity to try one out.


This Garnier sample had two different skin tones to try...
I opted to try the lighter tone because, well, I am rather fair. The darker tone was too dark but, I wanted to check out how the texture felt. This cream does have the texture like a hybrid between a moisturizer and a foundation. It wasn't really light, however I did find it to be creamier than what I'd expect from a foundation.
And to be extremely honest, there wasn't enough here for me to get a good feel as to how this would work for me. This was barely enough to cover my chin. And, actually, I'm sure it was just meant to be swiped across the back of a hand. I just wanted to see how it looked on my skin. 

Since I use mineral foundation, I found that this BB Cream felt heavy. And there is this chalky look that some liquid foundations create on my skin. I feel like I have to put on more to work at evening it out. Then, that IS too heavy. But, after I let it sit on my skin, it didn't seem so weighty. When I ran my finger over the tested area, the cream didn't roll or come off. And, my skin felt soft.

I did get a coupon with this sample. And almost all stores will take returns if you don't care for a product you have purchased. I'm still mulling around with the idea of trying it. But, I just don't think BB Creams are something that I will be adding to my own skin routine. Maybe I enjoy the pleasure of using different products for different purposes. And that way, I can always tweak it by changing just one product but still keep the others.


What are your thoughts on BB Creams? Is there one that won you over?

1 comments:

Pink Pamalamma on June 3, 2012 at 3:22 PM said...

I haven't tried it, but I think I may. I'm too lazy in the mornings to bother with foundation...or much makeup at all really... So maybe this would be quick and easy for me.

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates