UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Two Days At Premiere Orlando; Part 1

Monday, June 11, 2012

Two Days At Premiere Orlando; Part 1

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 6/11/2012 06:16:00 PM
Gosh, I don't EVEN know where to start with reviewing this show! It was huge and overwhelming and fun because I had sister beauty bloggers with me. 


To recap, the Premiere Orlando show is a three day event showcasing companies in the hair, skin and nail business. This show is for licensed professionals and is not open to the general public. 

The first day of the show is competition day for hair and mostly nails. The next two days are time to visit with vendors, learn about their products, and learn new and exciting hair and nail trends. For beauty bloggers, we get to meet present and new vendor contacts, learn about products up and coming in the industry and then, share our findings with you, our faithful readers. 

I had the opportunity to talk with some of the vendor public relations folks, and one of the top comments I heard was that there are many beauty bloggers that are not legit in sharing information about the industry but, are in it to get free stuff. However, those that are truly established and show respect for companies, those bloggers are embraced and beauty companies love working with us.

That said, let me show you some highlights that I caught...
The first day I attended, I went with Brittany from Clumps of Mascara (we remembered our 1st anniversary meeting each other at the show last year at the Nubar booth), Phyrra from Phyrra.net, Cristina from Let Them Have Polish  and then me, toting around 5 liter bottles of Zoya's Remove+...all day (I purchased these, not freebies, folks!).

I didn't get a photo of us together (shame on me!), however, on the second day I palled around with Kari from Once Bitten Blog, and Maria, creator and owner of Cult Nails.


Michael O'Rourke was a star stylist at this show. He, and two of his master hair stylists, cut hair, non-stop, for 2 long days! On the first day, one of his assistants stopped us and asked Phyrra and Cristina if they would like to be models and get a haircut as a demo. We all looked at each other, and quickly, the girls said 'hell, yea!'

It is admirable that both Phyrra and Cristina were totally open to whatever hair style they got...
 
Cristina was super excited to get her hair cut. LOL! And she had just had a new style cut 2 weeks prior.
Phyrra is on the left and she waited a long time, both on stage and off, for her finished work.
Phyrra and Cristina eagerly await their turns.
Michael O'Rourke worked his awesome magic with Phyrra's style.
And the entire time, he is explaining how and why he is cutting a particular way.

This is the finished look Phyrra got...
Her very trendy pixie cut. 

Cristina adored her new style as well...
 
I was so inspired by the stylists' work and the joy Phyrra and Cristina got with her new styles I could have gotten up there and let them cut my hair short! But, I didn't. I'm pretty attached to my long hair!!

On the second day, Maria was asked to be a demo model. She was ready too. She had heard all about the awesome haircuts her friends got the day before. Now she was going to get a chance...
 And with just a few final touches, she was in love with her new faux-hawk!
We all purchased some of the 'Rock Your Hair' products. I'll showcase mine in another post.

With all the hair styles and new cuts, I saw this young lady with the hair style I want. I asked her if I could take her photo so I could take it to my hair stylist and she happily agreed...

And what would a hair and nail show be without outrageous nails...
These were even set up to have flashing lights on the 'mini' stages! 

In the next post, I'll show you miles of nail polishes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates