UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: A Handful of Forever Lilac

Monday, May 24, 2010

A Handful of Forever Lilac

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 5/24/2010 05:06:00 PM
I'm being a geek and too panglossian!!  The NOTD is yet another sheer!!  I'm trying not to be naive, I think I'm just being hopeful.  Well, it is a pretty color, but not giving me the coverage I want.

Today I used Sally Hansen's Diamond Strength 'Forever Lilac.'  This is one of the polishes that I got at CVS during their current 75% off cosmetics promotion.
                                             This picture is next to a sunny window.
                                           Mani and Bottle taken in a sunny window.

This shows the polish at it's most true color.  A lilac color that is actually darker than a lilac flower; this is more pink.  There's a silver shimmer to it.  On the nail, the shimmer really shows off.  

                              This picture is taken outdoors, sunny.  Very true to the color.

A nail on my right hand broke, so I put on extra layers of polish today for re-enforcement.  This mani has one layer of Base-Ics Ultimate Base Coat by Olan Labs, followed with a coat of Seche Clear.  Then 2 layers of the Forever Lilac.  I think I would have gotten a bit more opaque-ness if I would have used one more coat, but I just stopped at 2.  Then I used 2 more coats of Seche Clear, with Seche Vite to finish it all off.  The Seche Vite gave it an even glossier look.

Forever Lilac is a beautiful color, don't get me wrong.  Maybe next time a coat of white or opaque pink first, will keep the VNL at bay and give me a better feeling to the FL look.  This SH says that it is a 'no chip nail color.'  Let's see!

Tell me what you think of this color?  Good idea to put a more opaque color underneath?  Have you ever heard of, or used Base-Ics Ultimate Base Coat?  I get mine at Ulta.

3 comments:

Unknown on May 24, 2010 at 5:25 PM said...

1 coat of an opaque pink will definitely do the trick :) Pretty shimmer to ti!

jbrobeck on May 24, 2010 at 8:10 PM said...

I bet it would look awesome over a deep purple or black!!!

Libby's Pink Vanity on May 24, 2010 at 10:14 PM said...

Jackie, you are spot on!

JB, OMG...yea, I'm going to experiment with that.

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates