UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Do Something Outrageous

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Do Something Outrageous

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 5/15/2010 04:44:00 PM
Pure Ice has some creamy foil colors that run the rainbow spectrum.  And I like the look of foils.  However, they are not the friendliest polishes to use.  I have found that they can be streaky or bubbly, or both.  This one is both.  

Outrageous is a silvery lavender color.  The picture of my hand, in the sunlight, gives its truest match to how it looks in the flesh.

                                                   Here it is in sunlight.
                                  Oh, the font color matches my nails!  ;) 
                                      Here it is in defused sunlight.
                            Again, in defused sunlight, just a different window.

The polish has curled up along the edges.  I'm not sure why that happened.  And the pinky has a smudge mark that has gone unnoticed until I took a super macro picture of it.


Outrageous is a pretty color.  It just shows too many flaws.  These nails have an OPI base coat and a mystery top coat.  I also put 2 Seche Tops on then, topped it all off with Quick & Slick Ultimate top coat.


I had this manicure done professionally.  And, just to let you know, I am a newly, reformed cuticle biter.  I mean NEWLY.  Like just 4 weeks ago.  I have tried lots and lots of things for over 40 years to try to stop this habit of biting and picking on my cuticles.  OMG!  I can't believe I just admitted '40 years'!  Anyhoo, I had never gone over two days without resorting back to ruining them after the nicest manicure.  What was different about this time?  Hmmmm...I'm really not sure.  Maybe reading incisively lots of nail blogs?  Wanting to write my own nail blog?  

And this is one of the least desirable times in my life to undertake trying to break this habit.  But I'll take it!!!  After the second week, I had already invested enough time that I knew it had 'taken.'  So with 4 weeks, I'm doubly committed to keeping my digits out of my mouth.  Did I just say '40 YEARS!?'  To say the least, I'm proud of my accomplishment that has eluded me for so long.  So, my dear readers, be gentle with me on how my cuticles appear.  OK? :)


Have you been a former nail biter?  What did you do to stop biting?  What do you think when you see someone biting their nails?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates