UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Today's Haul and A Stamped Look

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Today's Haul and A Stamped Look

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 5/23/2010 09:13:00 PM
What would a weekend be without going to the Dollar Tree?  I got more than I expected.  One of former classmates works there.  I haven't seen her since last semester.  We didn't want to stop hugging each other.  It's a whole story about why I am not in college right now.  A story for another day...  

But I could NOT get over what I found to purchase!!
These are suppose to be used to help clean up after polishing.  However...I am thinking they will be good for SPONGING!  Of course, it would be much cheaper to use a makeup sponge.  But, don't these look cool?  Stay posted, dear readers, for that update. :)

I had to stop in to Walmart to get some household supplies and, since Sally's Beauty is in that same strip mall, it goes without saying I stopped in.  They usually don't have any new items out until the beginning of each month.  However, there was a new display of Savvy, Femme Coulture. 
                                                                Outside lighting.
                                                  Inside lighting by the sunny window.

The one on the left is 'Glass Slipper.'  It is a very pale blue with iridescent turquoise shimmers.  I'm purchasing way too many of this type of color.  I'll have to do some side by sides.  Good for a future post!  But as many, I'm thinking this is going to go on sheer.

Now, to the right, is Pink Fairy.  The outdoor picture is more true to the pink color.  The indoor picture makes it look too orange.  Another shimmer that shows flashes of reddish purple.  Looks like a sheer polish too.

I think there were at least half a dozen colors in the display.  I limited myself to 2 colors to try out before I get any more.  I need to remember to take along my camera to snag some on the fly pictures.

And, lastly, I did my first Monster Bundle stamping.  Monster Bundle!!  Now I see what all the rage is about!!
21 stamping plates from Monster Bundle.  Get them here from Amazon.  For $18, and 21 plates...well, the Konad plates are going for $12-13 at the mall, for just ONE!  And, my order from Amazon took less than a week to arrive.

As I have read on several nail blogs, the pattern size is on the smaller size.  I have very small nail beds and these didn't cover my thumb or my pointer finger.  See my practice stamping here:
                                             Monster Bundle BM20 in Konad Dark Slate

Sort of a lacey look with the Ring My Shell Professional Manicure SH line.  It got dark outside and I didn't get to do a new mani.  I hope to do that tomorrow.

Have you seen the newest line from Savvy?  What color caught your eye?  And, do you have the Monster Bundle?  Do you like it too?

6 comments:

Susie on May 24, 2010 at 12:32 PM said...

Hey I just found you. :) I'm your 31st follower. :)
I've never heard of that polish before. Got to check Walmart over more carefully.
I have those plates too. They are pretty cool.
Your mani is awesome,
Susie

Libby's Pink Vanity on May 24, 2010 at 5:10 PM said...

Thanks, Susie! I'm like on my 6th week not picking or chewing on my cuticles. I'm really proud of that accomplishment. :)

Oh, the plates are a deal.

Jen on May 24, 2010 at 10:31 PM said...

Wah it's so tempting to get those plates... but I don't think I could wear such cute manis to work :(

Alisa on May 26, 2010 at 12:39 PM said...

I bought those nail cleaning sponges too and they're perfect to do a sponge or gradient mani.

I ordered the Monster Bundle plates and am breathlessly awaiting their arrival.

Megan Harmeyer on May 28, 2010 at 6:13 PM said...

I just use a brush for cleanup, but those look like they'd be good for a gradient mani.

Taki J on May 28, 2010 at 7:52 PM said...

Oh, I want the Bundle Monster package. I don't know what I am waiting for. Those nail sponges look awesome. Can't wait to see how well they work for you.

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates