UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: NOTD

Sunday, May 16, 2010

NOTD

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 5/16/2010 07:57:00 PM
Tons, I tell ya, TONS of new polishes to get review.  I wonder if the drawer I hide ...er, I mean STORE them will hold up.

Today's polishes are by LASplash in Sparkling Jellyfish...
And Milani's 2.0 on the toes...
First, the hands.  LASplash is a new to me brand.  I found this new line of cosmetics at Ulta this past week.  I picked this one polish to try out.  It was $3.99, so nothing that breaks the bank.  They have other types of makeup too and I helped myself to a super deep green glitter mascara.  But, I'm digressing.

Today when I went to use this polish, the entire top broke off.  I mean the top of the bottle! To avoid an ugly accident, back to Ulta I went today.  I got it replaced.  It was easy after the manager made sure I got the very same color.  (??? Did she have to say that out loud?)


So, here is the little pistol of a polish presented outside with a slightly overcast sky:
Whoa!!!  Can you say 'VNL'!!!!  And this is after 4 coats.  I used Base-ics base coat, by Olan Labs, with 2 coats of Seche Clear.  Then came the 4 coats of LASplash to give this amount of coverage.  I start my polish strokes at my cuticle, but as you can tell from this picture, the sparkles didn't start to lie down til a bit further up.  With each coat, I tried to get the color closer to my cuticle but it didn't work.  There's no top coat in this picture but I did, later, put on a coat of Seche Clear and followed with the final coat of Quick & Easy top coat by Olan Labs.  Even then, the nail felt scritchy from the glitter.


This picture shows the color of this orange glitter polish, very well.  The sparkle is iridescent. I 'think' this is the type of polish that is referred to as 'jelly.'  Maybe one of my dear readers can enlighten me on this.  It's a very sheer coverage.  I was more than just a little disappointed in this as I was hoping my nails would come out looking like the color the bottle presents.
This is by a window with a partially cloudy sky.  Serious Visible Nail Line!  So this one, probably, would do best as an overlay.


Now, on to the toes.  OMG...I'm not even going to embarrass myself by adding a different picture.  This one is just bad enough.
Seriously, I need to spend a few dollars and get a PEDICURE!!!  These poor toes need some TLC and this polish didn't help one bit.  Booo!  


Milani is one of my favorite makeup lines.  It's edgy and wild and....affordable.
This polish is called 2.0.  I love it.  And the color in the bottle is a deep lavender-ish gray that flashes silver.  I found this polish to be super thick.  I wonder if I got an old bottle?  Hmmm...because Milani polishes of the past haven't been this thick.  So once I put it on my toes, it just became gloppy.  The nails themselves do need to be buffed out.  And the picture shows a terrible attempt of clean-up.  Again, the color in the bottle did not translate to the nail like I would have hoped.  Probably will look way better on my hands.


Got any polishes you've tried and didn't end up so great on your nails?  What ones have disappointed you?  Leave your comments...I'm still just starting and would love to hear from you.
 

2 comments:

jo on May 17, 2010 at 11:17 PM said...

You make me want to paint my fingernails. lol I just don't have patience for it to dry. I used to have the drying spray--do they still make it? I have super long natural fingernails that grow almost too fast. They would be much prettier if I polished them!

I never buy anything fancy for polish, just whatever color I like at Walgreens or Wally World. I need to hit our beauty supply store 60 miles away and see what;s out there.

I love the sparkly polishes--I have a few cheapo brands like that.

Libby's Pink Vanity on May 18, 2010 at 8:03 PM said...

Jo, most of the polishes I purchase are the cheapies. I love OPI and those higher-end ones, but I'm just of the mentality that more is better than quality. lol But some of these less expensive polishes are really nice.

There are two recommendations I can give you on getting your nails to dry quick. One is to put on a top coat and then top it off, before it dries, with a coat of Seche Vite. It will literally dry your nails in 5 minutes. Another product that is awesome is Flash Dry by Orly. This is liquid drops that you put onto your polish and it hardens them super quick. You can get both of these at Sally's Beauty Supply.

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates