UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: NOTD ~ Finger Paints Add and Abstract

Saturday, May 29, 2010

NOTD ~ Finger Paints Add and Abstract

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 5/29/2010 06:25:00 PM
This is the polish I did this morning.  This is Finger Paints 'Add and Abstract.'  I alternate colors and intensities each time I change out my polish.  Last time was a fiery red, this time, a tranquil, deep blue. 


                               Both of these are outside but with an overcast sky.
                                                Not good for Memorial Weekend. :(
                                          I have 2 Seche Clear coats on.
                                        
                               Top one is in sunny window light.  I'm seeing streaks and VNL.
Bottom thumb photo is outside, sunny.  I wanted to catch the shimmer.  This is without a top coat. 

Even though my cuticles are dry, they are looking much more 'normal' than when I was chewing the heck out of them.  Yesterday I did a lot of driving for my work.  I struggled with not biting the hell out of them.  I do with there was a way to carry cuticle oil or butter with me.  But in the Florida heat and a closed car, not a good combination for most cosmetics. :(  I did have some hand lotion and I actually used up the rest of the tube which, has been in my car for some time.  I think that's my best bet is a tube of hand lotion.  Any recommendations?

What is your 'go-to' summer hand and nail product? 

PS...don't forget my giveaway.  It's going to end in approximately 48 hours!

3 comments:

Jo on May 29, 2010 at 6:31 PM said...

I use Bath and Body Works Anti Bacterial Hand Lotion in the summer, it's lightweight and smells so good :) I have a few tubes of it, but the one I'm using the most lately is the White Citrus.

Megan Harmeyer on May 30, 2010 at 12:50 AM said...

I've been using Burt's Bees Lemon Cuticle Cream - it's pretty great for my purse because it's small (about the diameter of a silver dollar) and it's pretty solid so I don't have a problem with it being in my purse.

Libby's Pink Vanity on May 31, 2010 at 9:14 AM said...

Megan, I have a tin of that in my desk. It has been my 'go to' from moisturizing my cuticles. But on one of the nail blogs, the blogger (rats, I can't remember her name!) did a comparison review on cuticle creams. She ranked BB as second over Lush's Lemony Flutter. Since Lush is in one of our malls, I picked up one and love it! But it isn't something that can be carried in a purse. And in Florida, it would melt all over. It would smell nice but be a terrible waste of a very good product. ;)

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates