UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Walgreen's Pick of the Day

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Walgreen's Pick of the Day

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 5/18/2010 07:52:00 PM
Walgreens has Zepherhill's bottled water on sale.  So, I stopped in one on the way home from a client's.  Do you honestly think I would go in there and just get water and leave?  Not a chance!  

After a quick skim through, I saw a side hanger on the endcap of 'Eva Supreme' makeup.  It was very much like the 'Wild and Crazy' line (not to be confused with WnW).  It looked like a redo of the stuff I used to get at Phar-Mor before they went out of business.

I had no intentions of getting any nail polish today.  I had just come from the mall and had visited Charlotte Russo, Icing, and some other junior clothing shop whose name escapes me.  I saw lots of polishes that I did want but knew I just have so many already.  Well, here are the two that I could not resist at Walgreen's.
 
                                  They are named  'Believe' and 'Paris.'
 
I picked Paris because a good friend of mine landed there on her way to Dublin this week.  Seemed good enough reasoning as any other. ;)

Here it is on my toes.


It's a frosty, sea foam green.  I think it looks icy and would be a good winter color. I have on 2 coats here.  I used a BC then 2 apps of Seche Clear.  No top coat in these pictures.

This is done outdoors in evening light.

 And, over the weekend, I stopped by CVS because they have their 50 & 75% off on clearance makeup.  I saw that Sally Hansen's Lacquer Shine line was all 75% off.  Yep, I got them all.  Oh, I had a coupon for $1 off.  They were already $1.75, so I only spent $.75 for each these puppies.  There were 8 in the litter.  Man, I lurve a deal like that!

Here's what I landed on today for the NOTD.
Top one, outdoors in evening light.  Bottom one is indoors with window light.

This is Brilliant.  Deep ruby red.  It's got a bit of a fuchsia shimmer in it so it's not blood red.  But it is definitely in the red spectrum, thus, I love it!  This is the same app as with the toes, BC, 2 coats of Seche Clear, two coats SH.  This SH polish went on like so many of the SH polishes I have.  They end up being globby.  So I have to put on a second coat that is rather thick to even it out.  Not the smooth, flat, and even look that I like.  Ick, I think it looks even worse in the pictures. :/

So, what do you think?  Do you like the Eva Supreme greens?  Did I pick the best of the two to do toes with?  How about that CVS SH deal? ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates