UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: E Equals M C Squared and My Polish Stash

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

E Equals M C Squared and My Polish Stash

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 7/19/2011 08:33:00 PM
Organization makes me feel...organized. I like everything squared away. Feng Shui says that if your living space is orderly, so is your life. I need to get things tidied up!

I can only account this photo to being a good shopper...


There are sooo many new polishes out there, well, old too, that I started to be concerned that I would purchase duplicates. Especially on Forever 21's Love and Beauty polishes, since I had just shopped there.

I got the bright idea to take all the un-swatched polishes and divide them into color groups. Keep in mind, these are just the ones that I haven't tried yet. (Man, look how puny that pink pile is!!!)



The ones on the rubbermaid file cabinet are shatters and crackles along with some polishes that have been swatched but need to be reviewed. Same with the ones lined up by my printer table, swatched, waiting their turn.

About 1/3 of the way into separating my polishes, I got very anxious. I felt like I did when I cheated took a test in school. What if my hubs came up to my office and saw all these polishes? Oh, he'd have a cow! And sadly, he'd think that these would be ALL the polishes I own, not just the un-swatched. It would get ugly.


Last week I did go to Forever 21. I just can't help myself. OK, I can, but it's better than rewarding myself first with a sweet treat.

This is cute...


My last ear buds came apart during a run. I got these to try out. For less than $5, they are not bad at all. I did smell them. Nope, didn't smell like strawberries. Oh, well.





A very sparkly bronzer and some loose, silver minerals.





It's hard to see in the bottle how shiny and silver the minerals are. However, a swipe shows it fairly well. Today, I mixed the silver powder with my body lotion and it gave my arms a subtle shimmer.




The bronzer is very shimmery. And it's more of a shimmery highlighter than bronzer. I dusted it on the apples of my cheeks. It made for a gentle, dewy look. I think the swatch on my finger, albeit blurry, does show that it is more shimmer than bronze.

So, I have some silver and some gold shimmer powders...


The best thing about the bronzer...it helped to get mycolor back when the blood drained from my pallor, thinking my hubs would walk in on my playing with my polish. Shhhh....only YOU know about my stash(es).

Here's one of my all-time Far Side cartoons...


Do you like your polishes all squared away?

10 comments:

The Peach on July 19, 2011 at 8:46 PM said...

You crack me up! Yes, I have all my polishes all squared away. I have 3 baskets of them in the closet, in our guest bathroom. Somewhere that my husband doesn't look very often so he doesn't kill me! But I definitely don't have as many polishes as you! I've also been trying to get my makeup more organized and using up products that have been hanging around my vanity and bathroom!

Jeweled Thumb on July 19, 2011 at 8:50 PM said...

This is why makeup needs to be in opaque drawer units! It's amazing how many little bottles can fit in a helmer!

Megan Harmeyer on July 19, 2011 at 9:10 PM said...

I know *exactly* what you mean. I keep all my polish together, but there's a drawer completely dedicated to untrieds. If the hubs ever found out that there's a difference (and that I have *that* many untrieds), he'd have a heart attack!! You should definitely get a Helmer - then your hubs will be blissfully unaware of just how many polishes (swatched an unswatched) you have!

Nicole on July 19, 2011 at 9:26 PM said...

Hahaha! You are so funny. I'm terrible at organization. I long to be so organized that I have everything by brand, and then broken down by color as well! I'm doing good just to have everything by brand. I've got a good bit of untrieds, but they're all mixed in with my other polish, because I just don't have enough space for an untried bin.

Erika on July 19, 2011 at 11:14 PM said...

Yes, I like and have everything squared away. Clutter or disarray in my surroundings makes me a little nuts. lol

I need better organization, tho. My stash is outgrowing my hatboxes. Rapidly! Yay! and... Uh-oh! My hubbie knows how many polishes I own. And he just smiles when I buy more. He even picks one or two out, from time to time. :D

Makeup and Mutts on July 19, 2011 at 11:25 PM said...

OH MY STRAWBERRIES!! I NEED THOSE EARBUDS!!! :) Woah fabulous nail polish stash

Coleyyyful on July 20, 2011 at 5:20 PM said...

I'm so very jealous of your nail varnish collection! it's the biggest collection I've possibly ever seen! :D loving your nails too! :) xx

Libby's Pink Vanity on July 20, 2011 at 6:13 PM said...

@Peach I've truly enjoyed your pressed minerals tutorial and posts. I bet it is easier to store that way, too.

@Jeweled Thumb Ahhh, a clear helmer! Now we're talkin'!

@Megan I'm safe so far as I have all these untrieds in my home office. The swatched bottles are in rubbermaid containers in my walk-in closet. These are two places my hubs will not venture into. LOL But, if something happens to me and I die...it will be just as well that I be gone because I do NOT want to be around when he has to clear out my stuff. *shivers*

@Nicole No space for untrieds?? Never!!! LOL! I understand you mean an organizational method. I still have to dig through mine. However, I haven't made the initiative to purchase a helmer.

@Ice Queen Sounds like you are going to get a handle of the growing accumulation before it gets out of hand. Your hubs is special!

@Vintage Makeup I got those buds at Forever 21 if you have one around you. I saw different fruits/colors too.

@Coleyyyful Girl, my stash is nothing compared so some of the nail bloggers that have been doing this for much longer than me. But I really do admit, it's gotten out of hand. LOL! Wanna come over and take some of them? ;)

MissMidnightBlue said...

I have all my polishes all squared away.. I have a whole dresser drawer for untried polishes O.O ok maybe not the whole drawer more like a little over half, I got my treatments and such in there too. ;)
BF knows about it too. HeeHee. All my other polishes are in those plastic shoe box thingies in my closet, I need to get more.

Hair Romance on July 21, 2011 at 1:44 AM said...

That is an impressive polish collection!
I've had to buy storage boxes for my hair products so I kind of know what you mean!

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates