UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Sock It To Me, Supernova

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Sock It To Me, Supernova

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 7/27/2011 07:23:00 PM
I'm not holding back...



 I love this polish. In 1979, I had a black, sheer blouse that had rainbow threads running through it. I wore it over an off-white tube top. Go ahead, laugh. But I was rad.

The minute I laid eyes on this LA Girls Rock Star, I knew it was mine. It's called 'Supernova' and it is so swoon-worthy. In a black sheer base, there is a ton of holo bar glitter.

Knowing it was sheer, I invited 'Supernova' to be a coverup for some hot polishes. I chose these...


LA Star's 'Supernova'; Color Club's light pink creme that came in the French Affairs collection; Sally Hansen's 'Black Out'; Sonia Kashut's 'Starry Night'; Cosmetic Art's No Name Bright Blue.

I did it 'skittles' style...



 

On my thumb, you see 'Supernova' all by itself. Index is over Color Club's Light Pink French. Middle is Sally Hansen's 'Black Out'. On the ring finger is Sonia Kashut's 'Starry Night'. And rounding out the skittles is Cosmetic Art's Bright Blue.

There is one topcoat of China Glaze's 'Fast Forward Top Coat'.

Each beauty in her own photo...


'Supernova' alone.

Over Color Club's Light French Pink (no label on bottle).
Sally Hansen's 'Black Out'. (So far my favorite all black creme.)

Over Sonia Kashut's 'Starry Night. (Got this one on clearance at Target. Can you see the tiny silver glitter?)

Cosmetic Art's Bright Blue. (No names given on these either. I have 2 coats but as you can tell, it's showing sheer.)

 
I like them all, except for when 'Supernova' stands alone. That sheer black base makes the nail look dirty. But it shines over other polishes. Let's just keep 'Supernova' over to the handy side for later use.

Which one do you like the best? Or, do you have a shade you would put 'Supernova' over?

2 comments:

Makeup and Mutts on July 28, 2011 at 7:36 PM said...

That is awesome!! :)

Libby's Pink Vanity on July 28, 2011 at 10:19 PM said...

@Vintage Makeup I thought it was too. :) Thank you, sweets!

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates