UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Wednesday's Pink Cheeky Monkey

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Wednesday's Pink Cheeky Monkey

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 7/12/2011 08:58:00 PM
On Wednesday's, me and a group of other nail bloggers, wear pink polish. Check them out too.

This gem of a pink has been sitting on my desk long enough. It's time to share it with you.


With Cheeky Monkey polishes, you do not have to look on the back or the bottom of the bottle to see what the name is. It is written all around the bottle in all different fonts.

So, class...this one is named???? That's correct: it's 'Man Chaser.'

 



It's a pink with a fuchsia shimmer. Not too unusual but if you would like a pretty pink, this one is such.



I layered 'Man Chaser' with this glitter called 'Dancing Queen.' Here you see the little black tag that is attached to every bottle of Cheeky Monkey. They are all different. Seriously, I'm not too gaga over this quip.

Dancing Queen is a milky base with iridescent glitter with large hex iridescent glitter.



Do notice, that most of the glitter settles down toward the bottom of the bottle.


So, I'm going to layer it over 'Man Chaser' for a bit of pep...



The hex glitter wants to stick only to the top half of my nails. I worked on dabbing some of it down towards the cuticle.


It's cute; I'm just not gushy over it. I have on 3 coats of 'Man Chaser' and 2 coats of 'Dancing Queen.'

Some chit chat: I linked Man Chaser to the Hall & Oates song 'Maneater.' Want to see the epiphany of '80's hair and fashion statements? Check out this video. Also, notice the sax player. Doesn't he look like the sax player on the Muppets?

Who hasn't heard any songs by Abba? I linked a video of 'Dancing Queen' and, I have a question. How the hell did we get our hair that straight without flat irons? And, what are those little kids doing, dancing in front of the stage? I thought it was supposed to be a disco?

I bug the shit out of my friends because I ask so many questions. I just want to know a lot of things. So, do my questions bug you? ;P

6 comments:

Megan Harmeyer on July 12, 2011 at 9:08 PM said...

Ask away! Isn't it funny how we think certain things are cool at the time and then look back later (like, 30 years later) and think WTH were we thinking?! LOL This is a pretty pink - the shimmer/flash really makes it.

Nicole on July 12, 2011 at 9:45 PM said...

LOLing at you and Megan both, because I completely relate.
This is cute on you! I'm on a pink break this week with my glitter week, so I'm enjoying everyone else's posts. I think this is cute - but I wouldn't probably go out of my way to get it, I think.

Nicole on July 12, 2011 at 9:45 PM said...

(Redundant Niki is redundant. *headdesk*)

Makeup and Mutts on July 13, 2011 at 2:59 PM said...

The glitter works so well with the pink!

Libby's Pink Vanity on July 13, 2011 at 6:49 PM said...

@Megan I try to be inquisitive and not interrogating. ;) I really do miss the '80's. I had a lot of fun.

@Nicole Admittedly, I feel overkill with the pink. And I agree with you on not going out of the way for this one.

@Vintage Makeup It is a nice pairing. I'm going to experiment with Dancing Queen and see who else she can dance with. ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh! I love these! They're sooo pretty!

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates