UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: The Lime Starts Here for the Crackle Effect

Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Lime Starts Here for the Crackle Effect

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 7/14/2011 09:01:00 PM

This manicure was so cool looking, I moved it up for today's review. The one thing that I really, really love about crackles is that they can cover up flubs and a rescue a lukewarm polish. Now, this is not a lukewarm polish, by no means. So, take a look...



This is the smelly-scented 'The Lime Starts Here' from Color Club's Wicked Sweet collection. And this is the first time I have used a scented nail polish. It seems weird to me, though. I can only smell my nails in private. Which, by the way, is something I would always suggest.


Even in the shade, 'The Lime Starts Here' looks like it glows. Super vibrant.

But, picking a neon green to use wasn't so easy. I didn't realize I even had a choice amongst my stash.


The far right polish is a green from Popstastic called 'Twiggie'. The polish on the left comes from the Wicked Sweet collection and is 'Get Your Lem-On'. This one looked green before it was let up with the other two shades. I wanted the most neon green shade as I seem to have made a mini series of them so far on the blog. So, 'The Lime Starts Here' was the neon winner.

Looks like a 'GEE!' color to me.


This is really odd, I know, but my eye will find something right away that matches the color of polish I'm wearing. This is one of my dish towels...

Libby wants to match the neon green too...


Next, I wanted to add something sparkly to it and boost it up to a 'DAMN!' manicure. I got this polish from the local flea market...



J2's 'Light Snow.' Very interesting name to go with an interesting bottle and color. What you see is what you get; I don't know any more about this one except that I got it for $1. It made my heart race when I laid eyes on it. A distinct yellow base with the bluish/green iridescent glitter and some pink/lavender iridescent shifts too. As striking as it is to look at, it is just as smelly. Any lime fragrance that was on my nails previously was run off by J2's stink-ola.



'Light Snow' is very subtle. It was harder to photograph too.
 

But wait! I'm not finished...

I've been looking for an opportunity to show off this yellow crackle from LCN named 'Blazing Yellow'. And I must tell you, it came out looking way better than applying this crap crackle. It was gloopy and very thick. It still moved the manicure on to a 'YOWZA!'...


Snap! I'm sorry for the crackled cuticles too. I just put 'Blazing Yellow' on without clean up or cuticle oil. I was wanting to beat the sunset for lighting.

Just a bit of disrespect for 'Blazing Yellow' but only on the consistency of the polish. I think it resolves itself with the crackle effect. Yowza, that's awesome looking! Sorry, no humbleness for me today.

I haven't seen a lot of swatches of LCN's crackles. What do you think about its looks/effect?

6 comments:

The Peach on July 14, 2011 at 10:02 PM said...

Another great mani! Love the neon green! And the yellow crackle really put this green over the top!

Libby's Pink Vanity on July 14, 2011 at 10:05 PM said...

@Peach Hey, sweetie! Man, this manicure has everything going on with it! Even smells and touch. I forgot to mention that the crackle is raised up like braille.

Lace Escapades on July 15, 2011 at 12:39 AM said...

Oh man, I feel like it's been forever since I've commented on your blog. :/ Sorry about that! Anywho, that is quite the neon green! Very fun!

-Kieran

Libby's Pink Vanity on July 15, 2011 at 7:06 PM said...

@lace escapades It has been a while! ;) But I know you have been super busy. I just took a peek at your blog a few moments ago too.

Makeup and Mutts on July 15, 2011 at 7:23 PM said...

Aww Libby is always so adorable!

Libby's Pink Vanity on July 15, 2011 at 8:13 PM said...

@Vintage Makeup She is looking pitiful on purpose. Truly, she loves the attention. What a ham!

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates