UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: The Perfect Season for 'Stranger Tides'

Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Perfect Season for 'Stranger Tides'

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 7/24/2011 08:37:00 PM
I'm stoked to show you this swatch...



 

A friend gave me the mini OPI set of the Pirates of the Caribbean collection. I love every color in it! This dusty green is named 'Stranger Tides.' 



With the usual 3 coats, this murky sage color is beautifully, quietly understated.  Where a pastel can sometimes be a bit 'young', a dusty pastel says 'grown up.'


As a regular reader, you may know that I'm still working on my skills with creme polishes. While many can swatch up a creme like it is...well, cream, I battle to keep the streaks at bay and the thinning patches grounded.


 

Yet, I canNOT resist 'Stranger Tides.' I love this color. I love the statement it makes. There's no top coat on 'Stranger Tides.' I wanted to keep the subdued feeling it had without a bright shine.

I think this has been the best OPI collection this year. Probably only to be outdone by the upcoming 'Muppets' collection. In the meantime, this is the PERFECT season to wear 'Stranger Tides.'

Do you have a favorite shade from the 'Pirates of the Caribbean' collection?

7 comments:

Unknown on July 24, 2011 at 9:23 PM said...

I would never be able to pull this off but it looks lovely on you! xxx

Libby's Pink Vanity on July 24, 2011 at 10:16 PM said...

@Charli You don't think so? I wouldn't have thought I could either. But, it's a wow-zer!

Megan Harmeyer on July 24, 2011 at 10:28 PM said...

Very understated. Creme polishes can be tricky to apply - especially a pastel. But, it looks like you got this one to work with you nicely.

Makeup and Mutts on July 24, 2011 at 11:46 PM said...

I like this! It reminds me of military clothing, I'm not entirely sure why..

Beauty Writer on July 25, 2011 at 12:30 AM said...

Very pretty! I really want to try the polishes from this collection :)
http://putbeautytowords.blogspot.com/

Nailderella on July 25, 2011 at 7:59 AM said...

I love planks a lot and stranger tides!
I'm wearing stranger tides now!

Libby's Pink Vanity on July 25, 2011 at 8:20 AM said...

@Megan This one wasn't near as fussy as the new fall Finger Paint's collection. I have never used polish thinner but I need to buy some today for those.

@Vintage Makeup If you like this color, I bet you'll like Military Green from the fall Finger Paint collection. I need to get that post up so you can check it out.

@Beauty Writer You can still find the mini sets at Ulta. At least the ones here in Orlando.

@Nailderella Ooooh, Planks A Lot is another cutie out of this collection, yes!

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates