UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: I Didn't Want the Holiday To End Up Feeling Blue

Monday, July 4, 2011

I Didn't Want the Holiday To End Up Feeling Blue

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 7/04/2011 02:07:00 PM
I did an American red manicure with 5 different glitter/holo overlays. I got the photos of all the polishes, even. But, what I FAILED to do was take photos of my finished manicure!!!  Argggh! That's what happens when I break my routine.

This event made me blue. What could I do to make up for it?

I know it says 'Aquamarine' but I call it Blue. 'Aquamarine' is really rarely this blue and this pretty. I should know. It's my birthstone. Almost a turquoise color...
To all who love turquoise, I am sorry. I don't like it. Blech.

However, I do love this shade from Nicka K...
I don't know whether to call it a super frost look or a blue with a ton of silver micro-glitter.


Now, let's play with this look...


This is China Glaze's 'Platinum Pieces', their version of a silver crackle. Gosh, I love the way this one turned out. Those two shades compliment each other perfectly.

And, just to see what a white crackle would do...

I tried out China Glaze's 'Lightning Bolt' crackle. White crackle works too.

My outdoor photos are shot in my backyard. If I can get sunlight from the patio, I'll stay right there. But, I'll venture out into the icky grass, if necessary. This little creature is one of many that live in my backyard. And, they become my cats' arch-nemesis.
She thought I couldn't see her blending in with the wall. But I found her. She doesn't make me blue.
And my young friend, Adrianna, makes me not only happy and not, blue but she thinks I look good in pink...
Go ahead....laugh. It's better than being blue.  :D

3 comments:

The Peach on July 5, 2011 at 1:18 AM said...

New blog design? I like it! Great blue. I'm not sure if I would have called the color Aquamarine. Love the silver crackle! I need to see if I can get my hands on some of the new China Glaze crackles!

michelle_ on July 5, 2011 at 10:34 AM said...

great nail colors !


www.glisters and blisters.com

Libby's Pink Vanity on July 5, 2011 at 7:00 PM said...

@Peach I'm really fickle. I have been wanting to change my look for some time. But don't know if my readers could deal with my constant changing. I'd have the 'Lady Gaga constant changing blog.' lol You have to at least get the silver/platinum crackle. :)

@michelle Thank you!

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates