UA-26222132-1 Libby's Pink Vanity: Neon Orange Is A Screamer

Monday, July 11, 2011

Neon Orange Is A Screamer

Posted by Libby's Pink Vanity at 7/11/2011 08:48:00 PM
Would it really be summer without a neon orange?



Stepping outside of my comfort box, I am sporting a neon. And there is NO doubt that this is a neon AND, that it is ORANGE!!!!! I teased my hubs by flashing these digits going 'beep, beep, beep!' ala road construction.

The orange is Color Club's 'Wham Pow' from the Popstastic: Colors That Pops collection. I do not think I have a brighter orange in my collection.




Two coats and a topping with Seche Vite. 'Wham Pow' is so bright, I did test to see if if glowed. Alas, it didn't. It was sad, but just for a moment.

Back in April, I got a huge itch to try Frankens. Frankens are a mix of nail polishes or, a combination of polish and another medium, like mineral eyeshadow.

Here's what I started out with...


A mini iridescent polish from Sally's Girl.


An orange, sparkly eyeshadow from a now defunct mineral makeup company. Mix together...


Rats. It looks like a failure. So, I just set it on my desk until I could come up with a better way to get the powder into the tiny neck of the bottle.  Later that day, I found this...



OH, 'Wham, Pow!' Or, maybe this is Mr. 'Wham, Pow' because he is going to lay right on top of 'Wham, Pow.' And the next thing you know....WHAM, POW! Things start happenin'...


Great oogly boogly! In my world, it is very OK to toot your own horn. You have to do that or, someone will come along and use it as a flower vase. Hell, I played French horn for 7 years, I know how to toot a horn!!!

Mr. and Ms. 'Wham, Pow!' do not need horns to get attention. Good C Clef, No! They scream out 'Orange' loud and clear.

7 comments:

Lesley on July 11, 2011 at 8:49 PM said...

V. Summery!

zee villa on July 11, 2011 at 9:34 PM said...

The color looks YUMMY! ♥

http://marshee13.blogspot.com/

The Peach on July 11, 2011 at 10:00 PM said...

Now thats a bright orange! Love it! And love the topcoat over it! It really does scream orange!

Libby's Pink Vanity on July 12, 2011 at 8:48 AM said...

V.Summery Indeed!

MarShee That's it. :)

Peach Gosh, I almost startle myself seeing it. ;)

Makeup and Mutts on July 12, 2011 at 10:35 AM said...

That looks so great on you! :) Loves it. Nice combo as well!

SiSi Sparkles on July 12, 2011 at 1:34 PM said...

Love that combo girl! :] and the orange is HOT!!

Nailderella on July 12, 2011 at 7:16 PM said...

gorgeous orange!
i came across your blog by chance and I like it! I'm following you!

Post a Comment

 

Libby's Pink Vanity Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates